Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Uber just ran an ad for drivers during prime time on CBS in LA.
I'm seeing a lot more UBERX drivers in L.A. with new cars. They still have the dealer paper plates on. And the drivers are mostly young males wearing T-Shirts that have been conned into committing to a new car without knowing that this whole Gig economy is going to implode sooner than later. I haven't seen the TV ads but the radio ads are laughable and quite frankly unbearable knowing the reality of "Just turn on your App. It's that easy."

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
They were a major sponsor of the KTLA news for awhile, and even sponsored the traffic ticker. Essentially they're spending millions in a failed attempt to keep up with all the drivers who are quitting.
UBER is now disparate to recruit and onboard drivers. Craigslist is slammed with UBER ads on a daily basis. A lot more than Lyft ads. And while on the subject of Craigslist, there's mostly ads seeking drivers since the LIMO/TCP group has been left holding cars with no drivers. It's the same limo companies posting the same ad over and over again for months. I've driven several passengers that shared their futile attempt at driving for UBER. One female told her friend in conversation, "I drove for one day. Because those people in West Hollywood were so demanding about their routes. I don't know those streets." Another male told me, "I drove for about 4 months. The longest I could do it was about 4 hours." And finally, "People kept asking for waters, chargers, AUX cords. I told them this is a taxi, not a limo." Just goes to show, driving as a job is not for everyone. And UBER is losing this battle when a veteran driver like myself is looking at a December exit. Buh-Bye.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
UBER is now disparate to recruit and onboard drivers. Craigslist is slammed with UBER ads on a daily basis. A lot less than for Lyft ads. And while on the subject of Craigslist, there's mostly ads seeking drivers since the LIMO/TCP group has been left holding cars with no drivers. It's the same limo companies posting the same ad over and over again for months. I've driven several passengers that shared their futile attempt at driving for UBER. One female told her friend in conversation, "I drove for one day. Because those people in West Hollywood were so demanding about their routes. I don't know those streets." Another male told me, "I drove for about 4 months. The longest I could do it was about 4 hours." And finally, "People kept asking for waters, chargers, AUX cords. I told them this is a taxi, not a limo." Just goes to show, driving as a job is not for everyone. And UBER is losing this battle when a veteran driver like myself is looking at a December exit. Buh-Bye.
I know a gal who did eight trips and quit. You have to be used to dealing with a lot of bullshit to do this job. Even then you have to formulate a strategy to make money at it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I know a gal who did eight trips and quit. You have to be used to dealing with a lot of bullshit to do this job. Even then you have to formulate a strategy to make money at it.
It does take a lot of patience to deal with some of these passengers that is for sure! I won't do it for X rates...

Reactions: LADriver

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
UBER is now disparate to recruit and onboard drivers. Craigslist is slammed with UBER ads on a daily basis. A lot less than for Lyft ads. And while on the subject of Craigslist, there's mostly ads seeking drivers since the LIMO/TCP group has been left holding cars with no drivers. It's the same limo companies posting the same ad over and over again for months. I've driven several passengers that shared their futile attempt at driving for UBER. One female told her friend in conversation, "I drove for one day. Because those people in West Hollywood were so demanding about their routes. I don't know those streets." Another male told me, "I drove for about 4 months. The longest I could do it was about 4 hours." And finally, "People kept asking for waters, chargers, AUX cords. I told them this is a taxi, not a limo." Just goes to show, driving as a job is not for everyone. And UBER is losing this battle when a veteran driver like myself is looking at a December exit. Buh-Bye.
West Hollywood, any time i am anywhere near that area, i go off-line and deadhead the hell out..

·
Registered
989 Posts
Uber commercial runs all the time on ESPN here in raleigh. Uber could be awesome if they raise the rates. I quit to work in fast food and I'm getting about 10hr with stock options and health care and benefits, plus possibility for raises and a career path if i wanted to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts