Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning i had to reject two pax because they were heading to the airports and i cant take them because i have work soon uber rly needs to make an option for drivers that are available to do long trips and and drivers who are not.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
This morning i had to reject two pax because they were heading to the airports and i cant take them because i have work soon uber rly needs to make an option for drivers that are available to do long trips and and drivers who are not.
Use the destination filter. Click on the clipboard at the top left to access it. If you're close to work it won't do you much good but it's great if the drive is over 20 minutes during rush hour.
I also heard they were testing a feature where you can add an arrival time as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Work our main priority. I would never recommend to involve work with Uber/Lyft. Use destination filter as someone said above. Stop driving Uber/Lyft 20-30 mins before your shift starts. I drive from city to work (NW Suburb) everyday, i never drove Uber/Lyft to work, iv used on my way to home using destination filter.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Work our main priority. I would never recommend to involve work with Uber/Lyft. Use destination filter as someone said above. Stop driving Uber/Lyft 20-30 mins before your shift starts. I drive from city to work (NW Suburb) everyday, i never drove Uber/Lyft to work, iv used on my way to home using destination filter.
My work starts at 8:30 am in Edgewater and if i wake up 5 am i usually go out at 6 and can do a 3-4 downtown runs i dont see a problem with that i do use the df but it can only be used twice i dont see the problem with having an option to not receive rides 10+ miles for example or 20+. It would work good for people that want long rides too. It is rideshare after all :)

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Don't be that ****** that cancels rides like that and makes riders not want to use uber again. Come on man. Use the destination filter. If you have something to do soon then why uber?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wtf man than work uber after your main job. How you not take airport ride those are the best. Just don't do uber in the morning it's not even worth it for 2 hours unless you take airport runs that's where the money is long distance.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, all 2 of you morons continue taking those rush hour Airport rides. Jesus, are u guys THAT bad at simple math?!? You lose $ taking airport trips in the am. NEVER do it unless its above a 2.5

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey Genius I don't do it unles is surging. So moron what I'm saying is the money u gonna make in those 2 hours that u gonna work u could do it in one airport ride smart ass.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My work starts at 8:30 am in Edgewater and if i wake up 5 am i usually go out at 6 and can do a 3-4 downtown runs i dont see a problem with that i do use the df but it can only be used twice i dont see the problem with having an option to not receive rides 10+ miles for example or 20+. It would work good for people that want long rides too. It is rideshare after all :)
I agree with you but Uber doesn't give two shits and never will so if you can't do the trip be polite and cancel. It's not our fault uber and lyft employ shady business tactics. The situation could be avoided if not for their deceptive tactics.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, all 2 of you morons continue taking those rush hour Airport rides. Jesus, are u guys THAT bad at simple math?!? You lose $ taking airport trips in the am. NEVER do it unless its above a 2.5
Yes usually if its 6-6:30 i would take them if the surge is 1.9+ but im not taking them on a 1.1 boost.

Don't be that ****** that cancels rides like that and makes riders not want to use uber again. Come on man. Use the destination filter. If you have something to do soon then why uber?
I understand you but they will be back to uber when they pay that 50$ cab ride

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Airports are 2 totally different things depending where you are. If you're in the city and its going to be surging for a while and the Kennedy is a parking lot they suck. In general they're a bad deal for city drivers.
Out here in the suburbs ORD runs are golden. High speed and high miles and you're not missing out on surge. Nothing better for me than when the miles and minutes on a trip are almost the same. Normally I make crap on Tuesday if I even log on. Yesterday, despite only doing 3 runs, I made almost $75 on if you include the $11 tip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts