Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber rigging pings for incentives?

2K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  SammyG 
#1 ·
Yesterday I could barely get a ride. 8 hours and 6 rides in core LA. I'm on the hourly guarantee. Even when I would try to request myself I would get drivers farther away but in the valley, the problem went away quickly. I want to see if anyone else had the same experience, and if it was some other issue or uber actually rigging it so we can't get the $150 bonus.

My setup is:
iPhone 6
AT&T
iOS 9.2.3

If you had this same issue, what service and phone do you have?

#18 ·
I'm just trying to find constants. Maybe those with AT&T have a slow response to pings, thus the uber server passes them up, etc.

Reading other threads, it looks to be that the phone manufacturer isn't a factor.

If uber truly is rigging it, this may be a class action lawsuit with punitive damages.
This is nothing new. Uber has been rigging it for a long time. Yes a class action lawsuit is in order but it's hard when Uber has all the data and we have no real way to prove it.

#7 ·
I use iPhone 6 Verizon 9.2.3 last night did 15 rides in 10hr in core LA, (last two hrs without a single ping). I only drive when they offer the 30hr and 150 bonus, every 2 weeks. I usually average 2 rides per hour and always get the bonuses anywhere from 400-550 in bonus payouts. So, either there is an influx of new drivers or Uber is manipulating the pings. Big surprise that Uber would do something shady, these incentives are costing Uber money, they won't last forever so enjoy it while you can.

#8 ·
Ok so you're using Verizon and had WAY more tips than me. I'd buy the idea that it's diver saturation expect I can't even request myself when I'm clearly the closest driver by far.

Another variable is location. I had less rides in Santa Monica and Venice than I did in downtown or Koreatown.

#9 ·
I did most of my rides in downtown, got my last ride in SM a pool, caught second passenger in Beverly Hills to downtown ending trip around 9:55 pm then went 2 hours without a single ping, so of course they're manipulating the system. I've never gone more than 20 min without a ping in downtown.

#11 ·
Im having the same problem. I had 10 rides in 3 hours. After that it was dead...no pings.. ZERO, until midnight. So for five hours I sat in my car. I picked up two more riders until 2am. So I had 12 riders in 8 hours. I barely made the 8 hour requirement but UBER is fixing this system somehow.

#20 ·
your phone , connection and everything is fine.
problem form f... fuber. this weekend i have hourly promotion same as u. last night (Friday) for almost 4 hours i received just 3 pings.!! i reinstall app , sign in again but it's not work for me and still i didn't receive pings. i checked pax app my car shows on it without any issued. I tried request myself, but it goes to other drivers further than i requested.!! :mad:

but when i left core area, i received requests immediately.!!

#23 ·
I believe hourlies are costing Uber more than medals since you can sit and hide and still get paid. I am going to go out today without any incentives to see if I get stacked pings. I have a feeling I will be prioritized over the medals/hourlies. I plan to document and return tonight with more info.
I think so.... when I was GOLD status I would average between $22-27 per hour. Was on hourly Wed night and only got 4 pings from 5pm till 11pm... FISHY FISHY FISHY!

#27 ·
It is definitely irradiating and I do believe that Uber sends pings to who they want to whenever they want too. But I'm not sure what a lawsuit would be. Every business tries to make as much money as they can. Getting the job done as cheaply as someone will do it? Don't think there is anything illegal about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.