Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this couple last night who were a little lit and they wanted to go home. When the destination map came up on my phone all I saw was the Pacific Ocean and a very long drive. I instantly pulled over,showed them what was on my phone and explained something was wrong.
They had me driving to some island in Australia and they were going to be charged over $59,000 for that fare.

Strange thing was they had put their home address into the app and this is what kept coming up. They handed me the phone, I typed the address myself and the same thing happened.

I finally changed the address in my phone and it worked.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I picked up this couple last night who were a little lit and they wanted to go home. When the destination map came up on my phone all I saw was the Pacific Ocean and a very long drive. I instantly pulled over,showed them what was on my phone and explained something was wrong.
They had me driving to some island in Australia and they were going to be charged over $59,000 for that fare.

Strange thing was they had put their home address into the app and this is what kept coming up. They handed me the phone, I typed the address myself and the same thing happened.

I finally changed the address in my phone and it worked.
Hope your Pax was more gracious about it than mine.

Had a similar situation where the address was the next state over. Pax accused Uber of trying to rip them off . And possibly me the driver in on it as well. Was a silent ride after getting it corrected.

Can't prove it but am 99% sure they were the reason my rating took a tumble for that week.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope your Pax was more gracious about it than mine.

Had a similar situation where the address was the next state over. Pax accused Uber of trying to rip them off . And possibly me the driver in on it as well. Was a silent ride after getting it corrected.

Can't prove it but am 99% sure they were the reason my rating took a tumble for that week.
They were real nice about it. They knew they had put in the correct address but for some reason kept going to the Pacific Ocean. It was her phone that was the problem.
It was an 18 mile drive at 2.5 surge so I was not going to let that go away. Added up to a $40 fare for me.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
They were real nice about it. They knew they had put in the correct address but for some reason kept going to the Pacific Ocean. It was her phone that was the problem.
It was an 18 mile drive at 2.5 surge so I was not going to let that go away. Added up to a $40 fare for me.
Imagine you took them to Australia on that surge, that would have been a $147500 fare!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had one pax that I picked up during a surge, the fare on his phone was showing a bit over $255, he was drunk and his wife told me, -"I can't believe that surge can go that high, its only like 6 blocks". So I checked and when I started the trip it was set up to go to Nashville. -"Here is your problem"- I said. I had to change the address in my app since it didn't went thru on their phone and it went down to $ 22.62 due to the upfront pricing. So I told them how we actually get paid and they got pissed at Uber, they gave me a $ 7.00 tip.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I had one of these last night...

the customer called using Meards taxi app, the destination in the Mears taxi app was showing the destination as somewhere in Nova Scotia, So i ignored it, took the customer where they wanted to go (because i've been doing this for years and actually know where i am going, then at their destination the customer got out his credit card, swiped my Point of Sale terminal and no problems...

Fuber made some of this WAY too hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.