·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TECH BYTE: Uber Reserve Coming to Airports
October 11, 2021
Emily Cassulo

Road surface Rectangle Wood Asphalt Font

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) — The holiday season is right around the corner, and most people are starting to think about their travel plans.
If you do plan to fly, Uber says it wants to make it easier for you at the airport.

The ride sharing service recently announced it’s bringing its Uber Reserve service to airports.
Uber Reserve launched last year to let you book a trip ahead of time.
Now, you don’t have to stress as much when you fly, knowing you have a ride already waiting for you when you leave the airport.
It’s now available for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV at more than 20 airports across the country, including Atlanta, Nashville, New York, and Orlando.
This updated service lets you reserve your ride up to 30 days in advance.

It includes flight tracking, so Uber can adjust your reservation based on your flight information.
You won’t have to worry about a driver not being there if your flight is early or delayed.
Your driver will also wait for you up to an hour – for free – after you land. That way you won’t feel rushed, or have to stress about more fees.
That driver will also be waiting at curbside pickup, so you won’t have to worry about tracking them down either!
The “Ready When You Are” feature is being tested out at six airports right now.

With it, you can request a ride once you land, and get picked up when you’re ready. That could be in 10 minutes, 20 minutes, or as soon as possible.
This feature is available only on Android right now, but Apple users will be added in November.
Uber Eats customers will eventually benefit, as well.
In Toronto right now, they can order from select airport restaurants, and pay in the app.
We can expect to see it in the U.S. in the coming months.

·
Premium Member
9,400 Posts
This is like an April fools joke right? Wait an hour for free, adjust to schedule, ... only way I see that happening is if they are just giving the call to the next person in the queue when it's ready.

·
25,701 Posts
Fubar is very generous with our time.

If this migrates to X, look for massive declines or immediate cancellations. Perhaps some one forgot to tell Fubar that no airport police is going to let a driver sit anywhere at the terminal for an hour.

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Wait upto an 1 hour for free? Who gave uber permission to give our time away for free? Reserve feature is absurd all around and a waste of time. I never accept it!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
October 11, 2021
Emily Cassulo

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WDEF) — The holiday season is right around the corner, and most people are starting to think about their travel plans.
If you do plan to fly, Uber says it wants to make it easier for you at the airport.

The ride sharing service recently announced it’s bringing its Uber Reserve service to airports.
Now, you don’t have to stress as much when you fly, knowing you have a ride already waiting for you when you leave the airport.
It’s now available for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV at more than 20 airports across the country, including Atlanta, Nashville, New York, and Orlando.

It includes flight tracking, so Uber can adjust your reservation based on your flight information.
You won’t have to worry about a driver not being there if your flight is early or delayed.
Your driver will also wait for you up to an hour – for free – after you land. That way you won’t feel rushed, or have to stress about more fees.
That driver will also be waiting at curbside pickup, so you won’t have to worry about tracking them down either!

With it, you can request a ride once you land, and get picked up when you’re ready. That could be in 10 minutes, 20 minutes, or as soon as possible.
This feature is available only on Android right now, but Apple users will be added in November.
In Toronto right now, they can order from select airport restaurants, and pay in the app.
Yeah.

About all that

Reactions: TobyD

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
The way I read it, the service is for Uber Black. I see those guys in their Suburbans and Navigators waiting for hours at the airport already. It seems like a small investment in time, to have an opportunity to pitch your personal black car service and find a new private customer

The reservations policy for X and XL requires us to be ready 40 min ahead. I take the scheduled rides now that work for me, and skip the ones that dont. Im betting the black car drivers will do the same

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
October 11, 2021
Emily Cassulo

They are charging the people and
then sending it like a regular ping
I would never take a scheduled ride upfront
but I get them all the time as regular pings
I dont take em but sometimes they will
slip one in unannounced and try to have me waiting
I looked at payment details and they get charged
but uber fees just about all the money
The crap they dream up to screw us

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts