Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered that Uber has removed all price info on the website all over the world. You can no longer see what base fee, price per minute or mile is. Nothing at all.

You can just get a Fare estimate based on your start and destination.

This means it getting difficult for people to find out how bad Uber treats drivers with extreme price dumping.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just discovered that Uber has removed all price info on the website all over the world. You can no longer see what base fee, price per minute or mile is. Nothing at all.

This means it getting difficult for people to find out how bad Uber treats drivers with extreme price dumping.
How did you find out about it ?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

I can still see the fare breakdown here in PA

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

Click on "minimum fare"

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
I wonder if this is the beginning of "individual surge pricing".

Where Uber charges pax depending on how much they think they can charge.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You can put in a fare estimate, and then tap on the little "i" for the breakdown.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
I realize it's a pipe dream, but I would hope that recent changes to decrease pricing transparency (e.g., hiding "surge" multipliers, removing fares from website), is a first step toward RAISING fares.

I'm smart enough to know that isn't going to happen, but it would be nice if it did.

·
Super Moderator
15,782 Posts
I realize it's a pipe dream, but I would hope that recent changes to decrease pricing transparency (e.g., hiding "surge" multipliers, removing fares from website), is a first step toward RAISING fares.

I'm smart enough to know that isn't going to happen, but it would be nice if it did.
Uber may raise fares but that doesn't necessarily mean drivers will get a raise.

Reactions: Tuhes

·
Registered
143 Posts
I must be a silent partner, you know like ( keep my mouth shut and take what the other partner hands me)! Guber never lets us in on what is going on!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
In Denver its on the denver uber page that's not easily found. Have to look for old emails to link to it and not found with google.

I might suggest they are doing this since they are getting rid of the surge for more transparent prices when demand is high and making it more difficult for pax to find the base fare (and perhaps drivers too)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts