Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so it's my fault that when the pax puts in just "Starbucks" as the destination address the app takes me to the farthest one. Which is wrong of course, and my rating takes another hint. Smh... 3*'ed. WTF is wrong with you there are 5 Starbucks in this town. You should have just put in the address of your work. So the pax's Abberations may one day get me deactivated.

And then an earlier pax figures out that I'm starting to go the wrong way, well there are 2 Wal-Marts here and both apps will send you to the one farthest away.

Moral of the story, always ask if the destination addy is correct.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yep. Always double check.

Had a Plus ride from Staples and saw the address upon arrival was in Beverly Hills. When they got in the car and went to hit navigate, I noticed the requester changed the address to Inglewood. I think nothing of it and start driving.

I get about a block away from the changed address and someone's like "um..I don't think we're in the right place." I show them the destination in the app and the requester say "oh no, this is the wrong address."

We make it back up to BH to the restaurant they wanted to go to. Everyone is tired. Guy sitting in the front (not requester) is asleep and once I arrive the requester asks to wait a second as there is a huge line at this cafe (it's like 2am now).

I wait about 5 minutes and the guy in front and requester comes back and says the line to be seated is about 30-40 min. They ask to go back to dtla which is where Staples Center is located.

So basically for 1 hour they took a Plus ride around LA on 75%pt. I'm not complaining and my rating didn't take a hit.

Moral of the story. Check the destination, but on high pt I'm going where you want me to go. It's on your dime.

Edit: He also took my iPhone charging cord. I'll just call it the most expensive cord he's ever bought.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
And then there are OTHER cities...

By no means is a trip from 1900 22nd to 1800 23rd necessarily a shortie :)

Ok so it's my fault that when the pax puts in just "Starbucks" as the destination address the app takes me to the farthest one. Which is wrong of course, and my rating takes another hint. Smh... 3*'ed. WTF is wrong with you there are 5 Starbucks in this town. You should have just put in the address of your work. So the pax's Abberations may one day get me deactivated.

And then an earlier pax figures out that I'm starting to go the wrong way, well there are 2 Wal-Marts here and both apps will send you to the one farthest away.

Moral of the story, always ask if the destination addy is correct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts