Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

My name is Nick and I am a new driver to UBER. I started beginning of August under the promotion 'Complete 100 Trips under 30 days and get $1,000.00'. So I completed the trips in under 2 weeks and been waiting patiently for my $1,000.00 to magically appear in my account. After a few days I sent an email because we all know that their phone # is fake. I've sent email after email, talked to rep after rep, and some say I do qualify and should get it and apologize for it taking so long and even place it into my account...and then another rep will come take it away the next day saying I don't qualify and that they need to research this further. I completed my trips on August 20th, 2016. It is now September 6th, 2016. In that time i've sent over 30 emails. Had the amount requested placed into my earnings TWICE...only to watch it disappear overnight TWICE!. I need help. I don't know what else to do. I did everything they told me to do. I'm a top partner in my area. So now i'm going to file suit for false advertisement. I even took a week off and let UBER know that I will not drive for them until they pay me the bonus! Extreme I know but they seem not to care. So filing suit is the only way. I have supportive documents and screenshots. Am I making the right call? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for listening,

Nick

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just curious, what reason are they giving you when they take away the money? Is there an issue with your sponsoring partner?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A reason is never stated. They merely advise that are researching the issue. They even confused my referral with a different one. I've sent all supportive documents to them and they still don't want to help. So I'm suing. Know a good lawyer?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Meh, you're not going to sue and Uber knows it. I have no idea if you earned the bonus or not, but I know Uber isn't scared of you suing. They usually pay out sign up money sonic assuming you did something. Did you do anything fishy? I'm not expecting to admit it if you did, but you need to be honest with yourself.

·
Registered
752 Posts
They don't care about you not driving for a week. There are plenty new drivers to fill one person's spot. I agree with cannonball7 . If there's an office nearby you need to go talk to someone face to face.

The online support centers are overseas somewhere with English as a second language. It's very easy for them to give you a generic cookie cutter e-mail response. That's tougher to do in person.

Take screenshots of all your trips immediately, so they don't magically disappear. Also make sure you read the fine print concerning the promotion. Make sure there isn't some small detail you didn't fulfill.

Maybe sign up for Lyft while you are getting this figured out.

Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All!

My name is Nick and I am a new driver to UBER. I started beginning of August under the promotion 'Complete 100 Trips under 30 days and get $1,000.00'. So I completed the trips in under 2 weeks and been waiting patiently for my $1,000.00 to magically appear in my account. After a few days I sent an email because we all know that their phone # is fake. I've sent email after email, talked to rep after rep, and some say I do qualify and should get it and apologize for it taking so long and even place it into my account...and then another rep will come take it away the next day saying I don't qualify and that they need to research this further. I completed my trips on August 20th, 2016. It is now September 6th, 2016. In that time i've sent over 30 emails. Had the amount requested placed into my earnings TWICE...only to watch it disappear overnight TWICE!. I need help. I don't know what else to do. I did everything they told me to do. I'm a top partner in my area. So now i'm going to file suit for false advertisement. I even took a week off and let UBER know that I will not drive for them until they pay me the bonus! Extreme I know but they seem not to care. So filing suit is the only way. I have supportive documents and screenshots. Am I making the right call? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for listening,

Nick
Nick I am in exactly same situation and have documentation to prove uber fraud and predatory practices in hiring new drivers for the uber ride sharing platform. A class action suit is warranted here as I am sure that there are too many victims who also fell prey to this scam and that by joining similar claims in such a lawsuit will get uber's attention and allow for greater compensation for damages and possibly punitive damages since this was willful and wanton (that is uber purposefully and deliberately intended to defraud potentionally new drivers by promising cash bonuses for those who perform 75 rides in 30 days knowing that uber never intended from the get go to fulfill its end of the agreement regardless of the number of trips made by the driver). Bait and switch tactics, false promises and outright fraud by uber to lure unsuspecting victims to encourage them to earn as much as possible. However, this so called "partnership" was a method used by uber to kill two birds with one stone: uber gets 30%--40% on the labor of the driver with "incentives and bonuses" that would never materialize and do so quickly AND By this very act of striving to make the number of rides to qualify for such money, the driver unbeknownst to him/her, was also in the process of sabotaging these very incentives by making the amount required for them (and doing so by their own volition and not by any act or encouragement by uber). Thus, uber gets a lot of money without lifting a finger and does not have to fulfill its promised performance of paying by showing that the driver breached by violating the rules to get it (rules that were unilaterally changes after the contract was entered into by both parties). Anyway I'm about to speak with the local office here to get answers or a lawsuit will be forthcoming)

RLR

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Here is what is going on... I'm caught up in the same thing.

Uber changed their bonuses from standard referrals (drive 100 in 30 days, get $XXX) to GUARANTEE referrals (drive 100 in 30 days, if you don't make $XXX, they pay the difference). Their "Hypothesis" (literally straight from their form letter) is that drivers expect to make $5 per ride, and so the incentive would pay out $200 if the original bonus was $700. It's the most ridiculous claim ever.

The problem here is that they did it midstream, and didn't grandfather those already signed up under the old agreement. This is what happens when you lose $1.2 billion in the first half of the year due to subsidizing drivers.

I have a multiresponse support email full of ridiculousness, which I will continue to follow up on and pound them into the earth until they relent and pay out what is due. I went to the local office and got the same treatment. For those who sign up now, there's no help for you. The bad old days of low pay with a shiny bonus at the beginning are now the worse old days of low pay and no bonus.

·
Premium Member
63,086 Posts
Hello All!

Thanks for listening,

Nick
Uber : taste the Disappointment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nick I am in exactly same situation and have documentation to prove uber fraud and predatory practices in hiring new drivers for the uber ride sharing platform. A class action suit is warranted here as I am sure that there are too many victims who also fell prey to this scam and that by joining similar claims in such a lawsuit will get uber's attention and allow for greater compensation for damages and possibly punitive damages since this was willful and wanton (that is uber purposefully and deliberately intended to defraud potentionally new drivers by promising cash bonuses for those who perform 75 rides in 30 days knowing that uber never intended from the get go to fulfill its end of the agreement regardless of the number of trips made by the driver). Bait and switch tactics, false promises and outright fraud by uber to lure unsuspecting victims to encourage them to earn as much as possible. However, this so called "partnership" was a method used by uber to kill two birds with one stone: uber gets 30%--40% on the labor of the driver with "incentives and bonuses" that would never materialize and do so quickly AND By this very act of striving to make the number of rides to qualify for such money, the driver unbeknownst to him/her, was also in the process of sabotaging these very incentives by making the amount required for them (and doing so by their own volition and not by any act or encouragement by uber). Thus, uber gets a lot of money without lifting a finger and does not have to fulfill its promised performance of paying by showing that the driver breached by violating the rules to get it (rules that were unilaterally changes after the contract was entered into by both parties). Anyway I'm about to speak with the local office here to get answers or a lawsuit will be forthcoming)

RLR
Okay keep me posted! I'll gladly join you. I've finally spoken to a supervisor over the phone by the name of 'Karen' but she goes by 'Ren' for short. Failed to give me her phone # of course. Anyways we had a lengthy discussion about my referral and she agreed there were a bunch of inconsistent emails from multiple reps and agreed to pay me my incentive of $1200.00. I have yet to get it since I just spoke to her yesterday. I'm following up today to make sure they pay me and that it actually stays in my earnings because they've given it to me twice already and took it away both times. So I don't trust them until I actually get paid. In the meantime I've reported them to glassdoor.com, BBB, consumeraffair, and ripoffreport.com. Along with reviews on the app and word of mouth to their customers I currently drive around. They seriously need to take care of us drivers since we're the face of UBER. good luck to you on getting your bonus as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's my advise. Stop driving for ride share companies immediately. They will only cheat you and make you poor. Look for another decent job. You deserve better. I got out 4 months ago and never looked back. I made $.84 cents on a pool ride once. &%[email protected]!* that.
I'm actually an accountant by day. Decent enough job for you? I only do this for residual income. Doesn't hurt. It actually isn't bad until they tried to screw around with my bonus money. That's the only reason I came on board in the first place! so I'll continue to fight until they pay me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're not suing. If you could afford a lawyer, you wouldn't be driving for Uber.
If i could afford a lawyer? I'm an accountant by day so yeah I think I can afford a lawyer. Even people with good jobs still can drive for UBER. It's called a side hustle aka extra income which pays for trips to Vegas, etc. You would be upset too if you were promised $1,000.00 and didn't get it. Learn facts before you speak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What exactly was their requirement? Are you missing any fine prints? you mean they paid you the $1000 twice and took it away.. Ouch!
Yep exactly! Someone pretty much hit the nail on the head in this feed. I didn't know they changed their promotion so I was one of those who were effected. The original promotion was 100 Trips in 30 days = $1,000.00. As I was fighting them on this one of their reps starting talking about 75 trips in 30 days = $1,200.00 'GUARANTEED' which basically means they match you if you don't earn less than $1,200.00 in 30 days which makes NO sense whatsover. Anyone who can count can clearly see that's a scam in itself. Doesn't add up. So the issue was no longer about me meeting the requirements but about the fact that I made more than the guarantee and so I don't get anything. Naturally I blew a fuse because I didn't sign up for that agreement. I asked them to provide documentation (emails, screenshots) of when they sent me that promotion and when I agreed to it. And of course they don't have it. So I must've started my promotion on the cusp of them integrating their new promotion. Either way I'm still entitled to the original bonus of $1,000.00.

I've also spoken to a supervisor via phone and she agreed with me and will pay me my bonus....or so she says. I'm monitoring my account closely. I'll keep you all updated once I actually get paid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Meh, you're not going to sue and Uber knows it. I have no idea if you earned the bonus or not, but I know Uber isn't scared of you suing. They usually pay out sign up money sonic assuming you did something. Did you do anything fishy? I'm not expecting to admit it if you did, but you need to be honest with yourself.
Nothing fishy sir. I have supportive documentation. Everything I mentioned was facts. Not cheating the system and don't care if you side with me or them or anyone. I'm merely stating facts. They may not be scared of little ol' me, but I used to work in marketing and I can assure you that PR is VERY important to conglomerates such as these. Very easy to start a firestorm in the social media world. But thanks for your vote of confidence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All!

Thanks for listening,

Nick
UBER HAS DISCONNECTED NUMEROUS ACCOUNTS FOR HAVING BIG AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO BE PAID.
THEY AGGRESSIVELY REQUEST YOU TO PROMOTE, BRING DRIVERS, MAKE THEM DRIVE, GENERATE UBER REVENUE, BUT SCREW YOU THE REFERRER, IF YOU COMPLAIN THEY MAKE AN EXCUSE TO WARN OF DISCONNECTION (VIOLATION OF TERMS, REFERRAL FRAUD, WHATEVER… ) MY ACCOUNT GOT DISCONNECTED FOR DISCOVERING STRANGE DEDUCTIONS FROM MY PAYMENT STATEMENT AND DEMANDING PAYBACK BESIDES HAVING OVER 2300 DRIVERS NATIONWIDE SIGN UP AND DRIVING WITH UBER BY ME.
YES,,, I'M THE UBER KING TOO WITHOUT THE PUBLICITY THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT $80,000 LAST YEAR AND GROWING UNTIL A RANDOM COMPUTER GENERATED DISCONNECTION EMAIL OCCUR.
UBER IS A CROOKED COMPANY PROBABLY OWING BY NOW 10 s or 100 s of thousands of dollars SINCE I STILL GOT CONFIRMATIONS FROM SIGN UP REFERRALS, DRIVING AND COMPLETING GOALS.
TWO PEOPLE I KNOW HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND ONE OF THEM RECEIVE THE MOST VAGUELY STUPID EMAIL CONFIRMING ALL THE UBER BULSHIT EVERYONE KNOWS.
UBER REP:
" APPARENTLY THERE MIGHT BE PROBLEM WITH THE ACCOUNT REASON WHY WE WILL NO LONGER HONOR THE REFERRALS INCENTIVES "
JUST PLAIN F** O*** BUT THANKS FOR GETTING OUR BUSINESS RUNNING WITH ALL THE DRIVERS YOU BROUGHT.
>>>>> SCAMMERIOS TOTALIS <<<<<<
I'M GETTING A GROUP TOGETHER TO FILE A REAL SUIT WITH ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT WILL DEFINATELY HURT BIG MONEY ON THESE ********.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts