Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am having big problem with cheap ass uber riders most of them wait were i am not allowed to park EX: Zigzag lines so any idea what to do with these kind of pax? And when getting a request most of the pax are low rated and when i pick them up my rating goes down so i have been at 4.83 last week and this week 4.38 any ideas what to do and i am not a slave to do what ever these cheap ass uber riders want me to do, I have a brand new 2015 car clean as always yet they rate me like that grrrr would appreciate any tipa guys as to should i pick these low rated ******** or not.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I love me some Jesus..... but that sign makes me want to cry...... (and not in a spiritual way)!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
View attachment 46890 Here's a proper slave known to the trade
WTF is this for real huh no wonder one of the pax was asking were is the champagne and had another one last week saying his last uber driver bought them a kebab so i should buy them as well, Seriously guys this is not good why give in to these cheap ass uber riders they think they own us and sadly some of the drivers they become slaves and in the end every driver is affected.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Do you have a preferred route for your convenient

LOL

Looking at the wireless setup maybe it should say covenant or convent?

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Hi everyone
I am having big problem with cheap ass uber riders most of them wait were i am not allowed to park EX: Zigzag lines so any idea what to do with these kind of pax? And when getting a request most of the pax are low rated and when i pick them up my rating goes down so i have been at 4.83 last week and this week 4.38 any ideas what to do and i am not a slave to do what ever these cheap ass uber riders want me to do, I have a brand new 2015 car clean as always yet they rate me like that grrrr would appreciate any tipa guys as to should i pick these low rated ******** or not.
All of those low pax that u get, give them 1 so if any issues write under trip hepl section.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
I go to car wash every 10 days ( because uber is so cheap I cant afford £10 every two or three days a week) I do not stop at Mc Donalds or drive through because I'm not their personal driver. I don't have an AUX as I'm not their Disco or DJ. I do not have a charger for them because I do not want to pay £15 for an original iphone charger as they throw the cable when they are done! No loud music because I need to concentrate on Prius drivers :) do I have a water? No way!!! Yet my rating is 4.81 overal!!! I thinks its upto your driving skill. Be smooth when driving. Do I chat? Yes I do only if they start otherwise Hello and have a nice evening thats it! If two people in the car chatting I reduce the radio volume if single pax volume at 5. This is what I do.

Good Luck my friend!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I would say. this rating system is an absolute random one. I guess it doesn't fit any rationale whatsoever. I tried many different ways, being very courteous and having conversations to minimal interactions with a hello and goodbye, accommodating with their requests of drive thru Mcdonalds, stopping for shopping etc., and you do get 5 star ratings for those and there will be one ******* who would rate you 2 or 3 just because he had a fight with his girlfriend and was in a bad mood or drunk, your ratings will nosedive like anything, all your effort out of the window..........

·
Registered
330 Posts
Did you know you can change your rating given to pax? It is in the help menu. You can write a complaint about a rider who was not pleasant. I do this every day now whenever I get booted out for 10 minutes for not accepting pool and low rated lowlife pax. I am bored so I choose the pax I liked the least and string a couple sentences to make up for 1 star given. I give way too many 1 stars these days cause people are awful! Cancel a lot too. I will wait 5 minutes on the timer and instantly cancel. Had 2 pax chasing me today cause I drove off right in front of them lol. No kuntz will make me wait more than 5 minutes, even on surge. Teach them a lesson, don't be a softie waiting over 5 minutes, cancel, collect, move on.
Ratings are falling despite any effort. Just mention to them that they will get 1 star and their rating will drop so low that no decent driver will ever bother to pick them up. And still give them 1 star! One girl told me she gave 1 star to all drivers!! Dumb b1tch did this to swipe the screen quicker! Reported her to Uber, told her she may have ruined someone's livelihood and got her so embarrassed in the end. Served 1 star ofcourse.
Pax are not your friends, give them what they bloody deserve. Any hint of dissatisfaction and it is a oner! Write a complaint about every bad pax giving you hard time and low rating and uber may remove bad scores. Complain and divert Uber's resources to deal with more sh1te. They have to start banning riders just as they ban or suspend drivers.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Stars are just a way to control the partners. It's like Uber's contract, tells you that you are free to choose how you want to work, but that freedom stops the moment you log on.
Do your A to B thing and don't go out of your way to please riders, they don't care for you. Set the timer on arrival and move away on 5, that is a long time to be waiting.
If you can't stop at a certain point, stop where it's safe to do so - they don't pay your fines. Don't stop at zig Zag or bus stops, don't do Uts to make every car stop - go to the next side street and turn around.

Above all don't drive scared that the Master will kick you out, this is what is wrong - drivers licking Uber's and pax shoes, gives them power to abuse you.

·
Banned
3,748 Posts
Hi everyone
First sign of trouble just kick them out because as the journey progresses 99.9% of the time their attitude won't improve.
Move on to the next job and be rid of them.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I go to car wash every 10 days ( because uber is so cheap I cant afford £10 every two or three days a week) I do not stop at Mc Donalds or drive through because I'm not their personal driver. I don't have an AUX as I'm not their Disco or DJ. I do not have a charger for them because I do not want to pay £15 for an original iphone charger as they throw the cable when they are done! No loud music because I need to concentrate on Prius drivers :) do I have a water? No way!!! Yet my rating is 4.81 overal!!! I thinks its upto your driving skill. Be smooth when driving. Do I chat? Yes I do only if they start otherwise Hello and have a nice evening thats it! If two people in the car chatting I reduce the radio volume if single pax volume at 5. This is what I do.

Good Luck my friend!
Lol i do the same and my overall rating is 4.77 with 1200 rated trips and 1010 five stars

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Did you know you can change your rating given to pax? It is in the help menu. You can write a complaint about a rider who was not pleasant. I do this every day now whenever I get booted out for 10 minutes for not accepting pool and low rated lowlife pax. I am bored so I choose the pax I liked the least and string a couple sentences to make up for 1 star given. I give way too many 1 stars these days cause people are awful! Cancel a lot too. I will wait 5 minutes on the timer and instantly cancel. Had 2 pax chasing me today cause I drove off right in front of them lol. No kuntz will make me wait more than 5 minutes, even on surge. Teach them a lesson, don't be a softie waiting over 5 minutes, cancel, collect, move on.
Ratings are falling despite any effort. Just mention to them that they will get 1 star and their rating will drop so low that no decent driver will ever bother to pick them up. And still give them 1 star! One girl told me she gave 1 star to all drivers!! Dumb b1tch did this to swipe the screen quicker! Reported her to Uber, told her she may have ruined someone's livelihood and got her so embarrassed in the end. Served 1 star ofcourse.
Pax are not your friends, give them what they bloody deserve. Any hint of dissatisfaction and it is a oner! Write a complaint about every bad pax giving you hard time and low rating and uber may remove bad scores. Complain and divert Uber's resources to deal with more sh1te. They have to start banning riders just as they ban or suspend drivers.
Uber dont ban any rider, i saw some low rating riders as 2.8 to 3.2,i was amazed to see they are still using uber as uber said they ban rider if their rating drops below 4.0

·
Registered
25 Posts
WTF is this for real huh no wonder one of the pax was asking were is the champagne and had another one last week saying his last uber driver bought them a kebab so i should buy them as well, Seriously guys this is not good why give in to these cheap ass uber riders they think they own us and sadly some of the drivers they become slaves and in the end every driver is affected.
I don't believe this. Bought kabab for rider.Wtf.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi everyone
Unfortunately your post sums up 80% of X ridership. Former Bus, tube and 'lets walk it' types.

When Uber started in London they had an opportunity to capture the high end passenger by using good quality cars and experienced drivers, instead they're concentrating on chavs, cheapskates and signing on any driver who can stand upright with a pulse.

If you work on the X platform I'm afraid that's your mainstay of work, but you can also join a local circuit like Fred Keene's firm, Addison Lee, Green tomatoes Greyhound etc in an attempt to improve your clientele, or try and break into the executive market, but you will need an good quality E class type car.

Alternatively change sides like I did, the Knowledge of London may take 3 years, but its the best move I ever made for earnings, freedom and a completely different class of rider. My only regret is that I never made the move years ago. I actually have 2/3 days off a week nowadays which wasn't previously possible working solely on X.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts