Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber reported that it has raised the min fare in Orange County, so no more $2.40 payouts, supposedly. But since then I have had tons of those payments instead of the new min rate of $4.12, based on their stated new min fare of just over $5.00. I sent email to support, but no answer yet a day later.

Anybody else in OC notice this?

Thanks

· Premium Member
7,748 Posts
Uber reported that it has raised the min fare in Orange County, so no more $2.40 payouts, supposedly. But since then I have had tons of those payments instead of the new min rate of $4.12, based on their stated new min fare of just over $5.00. I sent email to support, but no answer yet a day later.

Thanks
New min is $2.56 if you're 20% er.

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New min is $2.56 if your 20% er.
"We're raising the minimum fare in Orange County to $5.15. Now you'll make more on those quick trips that are just a few minutes."

This change was fueled by drivers like you. We understand that all the short rides add up, so the new uberX minimum fare starts today. This new minimum fare includes the same $1.45 booking fee."

· Premium Member
74,316 Posts
I thought they didn't include the 1.95 fee, that the passenger paid that separate so to speak. That's how it used to be, anyway. And with Lyft, for example, the min is $5 and so I always get $4 out of that.
If what you're saying is true, then the new Uber min is just a big fake.
Got your Back . . .Pad Nah !

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,100 Posts
I thought they didn't include the 1.95 fee, that the passenger paid that separate so to speak. That's how it used to be, anyway. And with Lyft, for example, the min is $5 and so I always get $4 out of that.
You must understand how each company defines minimum fare. On Uber rider app, the "min fare" includes the booking fee. Lyft presents a min fare" and states that a trust and service fee is added. In order to compare apples to apples, you must determine the min fare riders pay, and min fare drivers get a share of

Uber riders pay $5.15 but includes a booking fee of 1.95. So the driver portion (less 20-25%) is 3.20. On Lyft, riders pay $6.95. After the same 1.95 service fee, the fare for drivers before fees is $5.00. In OC the min fares are quite different, however, in most other markets, Uber and Lyft min fares for riders and drivers are the same.

· Registered
4,583 Posts

Thanks
I did a couple OC rides to see the fuss, that's sneaky BS, LOL!!!!

· Premium Member
74,316 Posts
Yes, but it's still a bullshit thing to do. I sent an email about it, probably won't get a response. But I'm going to their OC office tomorrow to bring it up. I will report back.
See if you can get a pair of Uber sunglasses !

A passenger gave me a pair Friday.

One of my favorite pan handlers is wearing them now

Good advertising.
She works a high traffic intersection.

Need to get her an Uber t shirt.
Maybe I can get her to tell everyone she's an impoverished driver who lost her home - car due to repetitive unnecessary rate cuts !

( I can't say which intersection,Travis will recruit her.
Then who will I talk to at the 5 minute red light I pass 40 times a day ?)

Attachments

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Uber used to refer to the minimum fare as the part without the booking fee. Now they refer to it as the total, just another tactic to make it sound good, like the hourly guarantees which include Uber's share.
So yes, before you got 2.40 now you get 2.56.
But be careful about this SCAM, yes it is just another shameful sacamos from Travis.
Not only it is an insult 15 and 16 cents more but it is also a scam.
So, wow!!!! We get the cool amount of 15 cents more per trip, and if you work hard and do 30 rides a day you will make $4.50 more for the whole day. Passengers are aware of the increase and they think "good, now the drivers should stop complaining because they are going to make more money".
But the reality is that we are not going to make more money per trip it is a scam, here is the explanation made simple:

At $3.00 minimum fare with no base a rider gets let's say 2.5 miles ($2.25) and 5 minutes ($0.75) or any combination that adds up to the same amount. So for those trips or shorter trips we get 15 or 16 cents more now.
If the trip is longer than that then the extra 20 cents are credited to any time or distance over the minimum, in other words for anything longer than the minimum the cost of the trip is still the same as before the increase because they are still paying 90 cents per mile and 15 cents per minute. If the 20 cents had been for the "base", then yes we would be making 15 or 16 cents more per trip.

I hope the explanation was clear and I hope most of you had not been fooled by the increase.

SCAM

BTW, we are still using "WINTER WARMUP" PRICES, those need to end first.

· Registered
1,426 Posts
Uber used to refer to the minimum fare as the part without the booking fee. Now they refer to it as the total, just another tactic to make it sound good, like the hourly guarantees which include Uber's share.
But be careful about this SCAM, yes it is just another shameful sacamos from Travis.
So, wow!!!! We get the cool amount of 15 cents more per trip, and if you work hard and do 30 rides a day you will make $4.50 more for the whole day. Passengers are aware of the increase and they think "good, now the drivers should stop complaining because they are going to make more money".
But the reality is that we are not going to make more money per trip it is a scam, here is the explanation made simple:

At $3.00 minimum fare with no base a rider gets let's say 2.5 miles ($2.25) and 5 minutes ($0.75) or any combination that adds up to the same amount. So for those trips or shorter trips we get 15 or 16 cents more now.
If the trip is longer than that then the extra 20 cents are credited to any time or distance over the minimum, in other words for anything longer than the minimum the cost of the trip is still the same as before the increase because they are still paying 90 cents per mile and 15 cents per minute. If the 20 cents had been for the "base", then yes we would be making 15 or 16 cents more per trip.

I hope the explanation was clear and I hope most of you had not been fooled by the increase.

SCAM

It is the same thing with the increase in minimum fare for LA a few weeks ago.

· Registered
1,426 Posts

SCAM

15 cents a trip !

That's almost enough to equal the gas price INCREASE from 6 months ago !

Thanks.
Yes, per gallon.
How many gallons do you put per day against the number of minimum trips that you do per day? If the number of gallons is higher than the number of minimum trips then the rate increase does not cover the extra price for gas.

· Premium Member
74,316 Posts

Yes, per gallon.
How many gallons do you put per day against the number of minimum trips that you do per day? If the number of gallons is higher than the number of minimum trips then the rate increase does not cover the extra price for gas.
I'm still jealous over the 15 cent increase !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.