Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I noticed that demand has been really high the past 2 weeks. Saturday was the most consistent surge I've seen. Just watch them raise commission for new drivers though.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I might drive again - but would still like to see better rates (but wouldn't we all?)

I hope the other markets with the ridiculously low rates follow suit in the very near future.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Finally...
I might drive again
And the Atlanta drivers think this is great. Let's look at what Uber did shall we?

Your rate in July was $1.30 per mile. They dropped rates as part of their "Summer promotion" and promised to restore them at the end of August. August came and went and they were never restored.

Now they are increasing fares to a whole dollar. Do you even realize you just got fed a shit sandwich? Your rate has dropped 30 cents per mile since July. Congratulations. Uber On.

Uber just slashed your rate and Uber is counting on you to be stupid enough to think it's a pay raise.

Uber lied to you, they never restored the rate like they said they would. And to make matters worse, your guarantee is gone. LOL

Uber On Atlanta.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Your rate in July was $1.30 per mile.
Sharky - It was not 1.30 (may have been long time ago) - It was $1 before the rate cut - which made a 22% cut in the mileage rate,

I know is still not great - and I know you like to rant on most of the threads you can (and I somewhat understand why) - but please do not lose credibility with false statements - Uber does enough of that.

But yes - they said it would be until the end of July - well only 7 weeks late.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
Sharky - It was not 1.30 (may have been long time ago) - It was $1 before the rate cut - which made a 22% cut in the mileage rate,

I know is still not great - and I know you like to rant on most of the threads you can (and I somewhat understand why) - but please do not lose credibility with false statements - Uber does enough of that.

But yes - they said it would be until the end of July - well only 7 weeks late.
If the rate was $1 before cut then I'm sure he'll accept the mistake

I appreciate you recognizing that $1 is too low, but so is the per min and base fare. You still have to put in major hours and put racks an racks of miles and wear and tear on your car to make money. Most people will be happy with this, so uber won't be pressured to raise rates again. McDonald's can probably pay the same rate to flip fries, without driving your car into the ground

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
but so is the per min and base fare.
Per min for the ride - is OK I guess - but per min for 'waiting time' - sucks. There should be a feature for waiting time, when PAX are on trip and not in the car (while they talk with some store assistant etc. ) that is charged at a higher rate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is simple really, drive if you want knowing the good and bad or dont drive if all you see is bad. If I want to rack miles on my car I can for whatever rate I would like. If this is not what I want I cut my losses and move on instead of berating those who chose to do what they want. Its just that simple. I am am driving because I want too its free will at .78 or 1.00.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It is simple really, drive if you want knowing the good and bad or dont drive if all you see is bad. If I want to rack miles on my car I can for whatever rate I would like. If this is not what I want I cut my losses and move on instead of berating those who chose to do what they want. Its just that simple. I am am driving because I want too its free will at .78 or 1.00.
Amen

·
Registered
95 Posts
$5 minimums are here to stay...... so it told me when I logged into the rider app this morning
Big deal $5 rides are hardly ever

·
Registered
95 Posts
Agree and car wear and tear is overrated. I change oil every 20 k running synthetic. Consumer Reports studied NYC cabs 15 years ago and said 12k was fine on regular oil. Cars go 3-4-5 even 600k. I paid $1.96 for gas all last week. I get 27 a gallon best retirement job ever

1 - 19 of 19 Posts