Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So an interesting observation comparing quests with fellow friend drivers.

My friend with 4000 trip full time driver chased the mon-fri 70 trip for $100. Don't do this by the way, 90% of his runs were at base fare. Wednesday he sat DT from 7pm-8:30 without a single ping moving spots from hotel to hotel. LOTS of dead miles. This is experienced driver and 20+ years in taxi. With some cash tips and the bonus, he ended up at around $700 for the 4 days. His rating plummeted from 4.83 to 4.79

Anyways for the past several weekends he had been getting the good weekend quests as thats most of his driving time. For this Saturday he got a joke of a quest like 6 rides for $6 and same thing for Sunday.

Meanwhile, I didn't drive during the week but a few rides and I got 18 trip for $63 from 7:30-3:30am and the usual Sunday 21 trip for $42.

Needless to say hes pissed, but we believe because he did the 70 trip weekday bonus that Uber stiffed him for the more lucrative weekend quests.

Seems people are commenting how this is still a good gig. Surge on the weekend nights has all but disappeared except for bar close. I've only been doing this 10 months and its deteriorated badly the last month. You work during the week you are working for minimum wage. I guess to all those extra Grandpas and Grandmas I've seen on the roads lately when they make $4 for a 20 minute ride giving 4 paxholes a ride DT in their 30k vehicles a great pay. They are smiling having a good time entertaining the pax at base fares on weekend nights lol.

So just curious what other drivers quests are this weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
664 Posts
I hardly ever make the mon-fri top quest due to my schedule, however my quest for last night was a lousy 9 rides for 14 between 730 and 330am. Today's is another lovely 7 rides for 14. Haven't received the Sunday quest yet.

I think they're reducing the quest amount based on your driving schedule. If you're already going to be driving during a certain time frame, they can get away with giving less.

EDIT. MY Sunday quest is 8 rides for 10 /

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
It is nearly impossible to hit 70 rides mon to Thursday night.
Only hit it once and 3 days I drove 12 uber hours, so that's about 14-15 working hours.
I constantly hit Friday and Saturday quests.

·
Registered
334 Posts
uber punishes you on your quests if you dont drove during the week. My family was in town so i didnt drive...normally im a 60 rides during the week driver. But this week i had only 9. My quest is the 7 rides for 14 bucks. Pretty sad and disappointing. (I know i know its uber what do you expect)

·
Registered
708 Posts
This weekend the quests are garbage. I had 7 for $14 today and 8 for $10 on Sunday. Last Saturday I had a 24 for $72 and with tips was at $360 when I hit it. And I was off the road by 9 pm. Big difference a week makes.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
So an interesting observation comparing quests with fellow friend drivers.

My friend with 4000 trip full time driver chased the mon-fri 70 trip for $100. Don't do this by the way, 90% of his runs were at base fare. Wednesday he sat DT from 7pm-8:30 without a single ping moving spots from hotel to hotel. LOTS of dead miles. This is experienced driver and 20+ years in taxi. With some cash tips and the bonus, he ended up at around $700 for the 4 days. His rating plummeted from 4.83 to 4.79

Anyways for the past several weekends he had been getting the good weekend quests as thats most of his driving time. For this Saturday he got a joke of a quest like 6 rides for $6 and same thing for Sunday.

Meanwhile, I didn't drive during the week but a few rides and I got 18 trip for $63 from 7:30-3:30am and the usual Sunday 21 trip for $42.

Needless to say hes pissed, but we believe because he did the 70 trip weekday bonus that Uber stiffed him for the more lucrative weekend quests.

Seems people are commenting how this is still a good gig. Surge on the weekend nights has all but disappeared except for bar close. I've only been doing this 10 months and its deteriorated badly the last month. You work during the week you are working for minimum wage. I guess to all those extra Grandpas and Grandmas I've seen on the roads lately when they make $4 for a 20 minute ride giving 4 paxholes a ride DT in their 30k vehicles a great pay. They are smiling having a good time entertaining the pax at base fares on weekend nights lol.

So just curious what other drivers quests are this weekend
Have this person read the pinned post in the ADVICE section of this forum.
It is possibly the best post on this forum, and should be required reading for every newbie.

Here is a link to the first part of the best post on this forum.
https://uberpeople.net/threads/❤️beginners-advice❤️.149152/

You could teach your friend to watch the app for a few days and try to figure out where the surges appear and at what time. The trick it to be where the surge will be before the surge, not to chase them.

There is even an app for that, but it doesn't work very well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not driving, but peaking the app every so often to see how surge is holding up with the 18 ride quest desperates out there. Basically non existent, nothing above 2x entire night, surveying entire metro

I have made more driving for other services than taxi'ng human beings around lately. Being forced to count on the quest to be profitable isn't on demand work, it's an hourly job with forced weekend nights.

And to think some won't hit the 18 rides because they took a bathroom break or two :D:D:D

·
Registered
664 Posts
I didn't make the top quest but I wasn't really expecting to. Did the 14 rides for 35. I MIGHT have made the 18 but I caught a 2.2 surge from st paul to stillwater. Moseyed my way back to the metro with DF on and two base fate rides, then a couple of 2.9s in Hugo. Night turned out alright for me. Avoided the dabbler completely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts