Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friday Night Surge was showing up downtown Dallas and SMU areas. You get a ping and you feel all warm and happy as u pick up some PAX. You are thinking "hey I may get $6 , $8 or even $10 bucks for this short ride" after all the concert is about to start and these people really need a ride desperately. You drop off PAX and slide the bar and guess what $3.50. You do another ride and 2x and u get $4.55. You email UBER support and they do some quick research and tell you that there was no surge. (At least the rider wasn't shown surge in his app) this went on for hours and hours. I stsrted opening rider app and dropping the pin in the surge zones that popped up through out the evening. Drivers shown 1.5 2.5. Ect.. but again as the rider no surge was shown. Another email and I get another non helpful response. Ever had UBER tell u don't worry u will be paid for your trips when the APP is down? It's hard to keep smiling and hustling all night long when your Partner (Uber) has these APP problems. I was waiting for Aston Kutcher to run up to my car with the TV cameras. guess not this is real life. Guess what at 1am to 230 am surge came back on and drivers were paid accordingly. I was already home too mad and disgusted to carry on!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
My first night I got spoiled. I got a 3.2x surge ride from Cedar Springs to Plano, ending about five minutes from my house. $90 ride.

I haven't had anything like that since then. My 5x rides Saturday were $4-$5 trips that became $20-$25 trips. Made for a nice night, though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts