Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got word from someone who has inside sources. Apparently uber is trying hard to make it work out in hartford county and other areas. there is a good chance after the first of the year they may pull out of the state except for the fairfield and new haven counties

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
I got word from someone who has inside sources. Apparently uber is trying hard to make it work out in hartford county and other areas. there is a good chance after the first of the year they may pull out of the state except for the fairfield and new haven counties
That makes no sense to me unless the regulatory situation changes, but that would affect all of CT including Fairfield County. It doesn't cost Uber hardly anything to keep running once they are set up in an area. Why would you remove your vending machine from a location with no rent to pay?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The geo-coding has already been capitalized for the State of CT. Their business model projects and forecasts revenue, CapEx and OpEx amongst 20+ other P&L line items. By bailing on all CT Counties with exception to Faifield is non-sense! They'd have to commit further capital to rework existing software to redefine the boundaries. Cherry picking would totally piss off the DPUC & other CT Regulators. Attorney's General Jepson would have a field day. All or nothing!

IMHO the Hartford strategy is actually brilliant with exception to their absolutely ignorant over site of bringing all of its 1099 Drivers into the dialogue prior to pulling the trigger. They missed a grandiose opportunity to build their base and create solidarity amongst the drivers. I attribute this lapse of judgement and foresight to the Generation M (Millenials) who may posses post-graduate credentials but have failed the people soft side of the business. It's unfortunate that there shall be a whole lot of 1099 Partner casualties at Uber's expense. As I started to prepare for leaving my career, of course one can't do so without having up and coming lieutenants that will emerge to the top. My first and second liners of leadership shared similar experiences when interviewing new candidate members of operational leadership. The consensus was terrifying- though academic credentials were impressive they all lacked empathy skills and demonstrated a higher than normal level of arrogance - to build and proliferate future leadership. Set up for failure!

So, the bottom line: As a 1099 you have a choice. Either play by their rules of engagement or LEAVE. With all of the pissy attitudes circulating around this forum, as a rider, I wouldn't want to be picked up by a driver bent on making Uber's life miserable. Your attitude and feelings - all emotions are worn on your sleeves and the riders sense this.

Reactions: UberTaxPro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts