Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Maybe Lyft was thinking soccer coaches need rides sometimes too and can't always get a ride from their retired elderly parents. Doubt it though

·
Premium Member
3,323 Posts
If they did that then the thread could be closed for grounds of off topic.

But who are we kidding? Lyft wants us to do this too.
I don't like it when somebody asks me if 'I'm their Uber?", when I don't have their apps on my phone. Mixing up companies is something else.

Reactions: tohunt4me

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
I don't like it when somebody asks me if 'I'm their Uber?", when I don't have their apps on my phone. Mixing up companies is something else.
LOL yeah I have both apps but it's funny when I'm only running my Lyft app and Uber person comes up to me like "hey Uber for Tanisha?" I'm like nope I'm picking up another customer. Then they go "but it says Uber on your car" and I'm like "yeahhhhh...."

Airport is the best. Pax are in such a frenzy at the airport that I can have both apps off not working waiting to pick up a family member and someone will hop in the car any way. If I don't tell them I'm not an Uber they'll just expect me to start driving. Funny how Uber and Lyft have made total strangers feel completely comfortable about just jumping in people's cars. Just 10 years ago a woman would be shit scared to just jump in my car. In 2018 they jumping in like I got free hot fries at McDs inside.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
LOL yeah I have both apps but it's funny when I'm only running my Lyft app and Uber person comes up to me like "hey Uber for Tanisha?" I'm like nope I'm picking up another customer. Then they go "but it says Uber on your car" and I'm like "yeahhhhh...."

Airport is the best. Pax are in such a frenzy at the airport that I can have both apps off not working waiting to pick up a family member and someone will hop in the car any way. If I don't tell them I'm not an Uber they'll just expect me to start driving. Funny how Uber and Lyft have made total strangers feel completely comfortable about just jumping in people's cars. Just 10 years ago a woman would be shit scared to just jump in my car. In 2018 they jumping in like I got free hot fries at McDs inside.
thats cause uber and lyft are too stupid to detail to pax just exactly how to use the app

cause nobody at the top cares anyhow

no feedback ever requested, no feedback utilized

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
I just had this happen to me a mom ordered a Uber for her daughters from a middle school I sent the mom a text saying sorry I can not drive minors and canceled the trip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yeah, I have canceled many rides like this. called got my cancellation fee. and added them to my do not ride list. giving minors rides is not worth the liability or the little sanity i have left.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Uber and Lyft have never, as far as I know, said why we can't pick up minors and when I started there was no way to know that you couldn't and I'm sure some drivers may still not know it. Rumors were that the insurance would not be valid, but Uber and Lyft have never said this as a fact. I think it may be more of a security issue to just let anyone pick kids up, and bad press and legal problems if things happen. I know they tried a few pilot programs that allowed teen accounts in some areas. What I don't like is as a minor they may not be legally responsible for damage they do and if they get violent with you and you defend yourself you are more likely to get in trouble.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts