Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This afternoon I was in Oakland and I got a request from a guy wanting to go to SFO. There was no boost or surge on the app but I wanted to get over to the city so took the ride. After I dropped him off I looked at the fare details for the ride. Uber paid me $27 and some change which included the bridge toll but they charged the customer $61. So I made $27, minus $4 for the toll and Uber paid themselves $34 for the fare. Under no circumstances should Uber make more than the driver on any fare, ever! They must have been charging him premium pricing without passing any of it on to me. What a scam this company has become.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
This afternoon I was in Oakland and I got a request from a guy wanting to go to SFO. There was no boost or surge on the app but I wanted to get over to the city so took the ride. After I dropped him off I looked at the fare details for the ride. Uber paid me $27 and some change which included the bridge toll but they charged the customer $61. So I made $27, minus $4 for the toll and Uber paid themselves $34 for the fare. Under no circumstances should Uber make more than the driver on any fare, ever! They must have been charging him premium pricing without passing any of it on to me. What a scam this company has become.
regardless of what Uber made you took the ride for your pay. Dont jealous on Uber...there just trying to survive.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Uber paid you what you agreed to get paid. If Uber wants to charge $100 for the ride, and the rider is willing to pay, then that’s what will happen. YOU don’t determine what should, or should not happen.
You only have to decide to drive and get paid what you agreed to get paid, or not.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Every time they give us new agreement you accept Uber slaving you and others to make money. Find another job bro. You agreed to it. Uber won't go broke anytime soon. You enduring thru all of this is an example for every potential ant to agree and signup.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just because we accept their contract terms doesn't mean the way they conduct business is above board or legal. That's like saying everyone that agreed to Face Books terms of agreement gave them the right to use their data any way they saw fit. The reason drivers rarely see tips is because Uber is charging so much for these rides. The drivers think the pax is cheap but in reality the pax is being gouged by Uber just like we are.

·
Registered
664 Posts
How do you think they pay out promos

·
Registered
832 Posts
They've been doing this for quite sometime now. It is commonly known as the upfront fares scam, one of many unethical scams run by Uber.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Part of the reason the TNCs are about to be required to be TCPs and have an employee model.

Not meeting law(s) and fraudulent misrepresentation.

Their were two recent rulings.

More over, the public is aware of it all and has put its foot down. They are voting with their pocketbooks. The trust me days are over. It is now show me and after you clean up your act to professional standards and we might come back.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Just because we accept their contract terms doesn't mean the way they conduct business is above board or legal. That's like saying everyone that agreed to Face Books terms of agreement gave them the right to use their data any way they saw fit. The reason drivers rarely see tips is because Uber is charging so much for these rides. The drivers think the pax is cheap but in reality the pax is being gouged by Uber just like we are.
I totally agree with this statement.

PAX have no idea that Uber takes a big cut from what they pay, especially for short trips.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
I totally agree with this statement.

PAX have no idea that Uber takes a big cut from what they pay, especially for short trips.
It so bad, for well over a year now passengers (hotel guests) have been complaining to concierge desks who are just setting them up with house cars or third party operators again.

What do you think happens with that customer going forward in regard to everything? What do you think that tell the friends, peers and family.

Dara has his work cut out for him.

Uber wants to rebrand itself, nothing less the perfect and full transparency is going to matter.

Lyft is still toilet scum.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
It so bad, for well over a year now passengers (hotel guests) have been complaining to concierge desks who are just setting them up with house cars or third party operators again.
What do you think happens with that customer going forward in regard to everything? What do you think that tell the friends, peers and family.
Dara has his work cut out for him.
Uber wants to rebrand itself, nothing less the perfect and full transparency is going to matter.
Lyft is still toilet scum.
The business model is based on driver turnover. New drivers likely deliver lower quality service.

Almost daily I hear PAX complain about bad drivers. Dirty cars, poor driving, canceled pick-ups, etc.

In the long run it won't be pretty, although without a better alternative most PAX will still make their choices with their wallets (cheaply).

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
I consult Executive Management at Uber and outside of Travis, arguably have more on a personal level invested in this space than anyone. As a shareholder, all of it bothers me to no end.

Know this, when I am done with the scam artists that are involved with this company they will be fired, any equity taken and they will need luck getting work anywhere. Someone calls for a reference, it will be that they were fired for cause.

Those idiots on here should take note. When I get to you, you are going to wish you were never born.

The issue in transportation is new drivers with 3.9% unemployment rate and SENIOR DRIVER RETENTION. The pool of new targets is dwindling.

It ALL about good employee/driver retention at this point. The company that has those loyal experienced people and can execute, will win.

The inconsistency and lack of quality are first two issues being addressed on the Black platform. It is the number one and two issue with consumers.

That and they no longer feel safe. They want Full USDOJ Background Checks and FBI Livescan fingerprints. PR news campaigns and superficial stuff that does not work is not going to cut it.

You fking take care of your own and the drivers that perform day in and day out, Year after Year.

You do that, they will follow you and put down without question.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Whoever accepted Facebook or any company's website terms did agree. As much as you dont agree with Facebook or Uber u accepted their terms cuz u cant do anything about it. At least for Uber I get it but u can live without Facebook if u truly care for privacy and therefore shoulsnt agree. There is nothing such as "Im gonna agree with u but not really" what Uber does sucks, but what sucks even more is that drivers ARE still willing to work even if rates are cut in half. This isnt a sustainable situation my friend.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
You are correct. It dies not work for Uber of Lyft either. Those that are milking the company through bait and switch, get out or do the right thing everytime.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts