Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Morning Everyone,

Last night I drove Uber for two hours and something unusual happened, you guys know that after completing a trip and swiping right it shows the fare charged to the Rider. Now this fare is also shown on your screen as you wait for the next request. Well, after heading home I checked my earnings for the night and I noticed the numbers didn't seem right. I used the last trip as reference, check this:

As you can see the customer was charged $6.96, the fare posted on my earning as $4.41, which breaks down as follows:

Fare charged to Rider: 6.96
Fare posted: 5.51 (this is just 75% of the actual fare) which is the new % for new drivers after the end of Oct/2015
Uber Fee: 1.10 (Uber than takes its 20%) this because I'm an existing driver and I still get the 80%
Total Payout: 4.41

Bottom line, Uber was/is double dipping on us, who knows since when. I have not driven since Saturday, so not sure for how long this has been going unnoticed. Anyway, I chatted with Uber and they said they will get this corrected, I'm just a part time driver so I thought I'll share thiss since a lot of you maybe missing way more money than I am.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HiFareLoRate, that's double dipping, the fare should be divided as 20% for Uber and 80% for the driver, they took 25% first and posted the wrong amount then took an additional 20% on top of that.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Here's food for thought:minimum fare rides in Tampa or any where for that matter favors Uber.

4.70 minimum fare
minus 1.70 SRF
minus 20%
2.40 in our pockets
2.30 in theirs

Explain to me where's my 80%?
Uber is known to exploit its drivers, they seem to not care because we're replaceable. Learn to cancel no shows by not communicating with the Pax to maximize profit. $4 for 5 minute wait is much better than $2.40 on a 10 minute drive to pick up, 4 minute wait, and then 10 minute 2 mile drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps this varies depending on your state, I am in Baltimore, MD and I've been doing Uber since May '15, it had always been 80/20. However, they are reimbursing me the money so I'm guessing I'm right, at least for my state, just shared this in case someone may be having the same issue in Maryland since this is the first time it happens.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
This computes exactly right to me -
Fare = $6.96 - $1.45 SRF = $5.51. $5.51*80%=$4.41

Am I missing something here?

Safe rider fee ALWAYS goes directly to Uber and you don't get any of it. Go back and look at all your pay statements. The balance is split 80/20.

This is precisely why we all got pretty pissed when uber decided to raise their SRF - because they get ALL that revenue - not just 20-28% of the SRF.

Go to your payment statement on partners.uber.com and go to Payment Statements. Go to the very first one you have. Click on the HTML version (if you're on a desktop).

Payments:
FARE = The driving portion that the riders paid out.
RIDER FEE = The total of the safe rider fees & airport fees, tolls, etc., that the riders paid out.
Combine these and this is what you will be responsible for taxes on.

Deductions:
RIDER FEE = This is how much of the RIDER FEEs Uber takes back that the riders pay. Always 100% equal to the RIDER FEE in payments.
UBER FEE = This is where Uber takes their 20% of the FARE in payments.

The rest is yours.

Reactions: Old Rocker

·
Registered
26 Posts
When the SRF was only $1, our minds automatically adjusted for the missing dollar. On top of that, they messed us up with the Add SRF and Remove SRF after they had already taken their SRF out. Now that their SRF take is $1.75, the actual fare they post is very obvious minus $1.75
Yes, it's outrageous how they take advantage of their drivers, and in a way, we let them by not doing anything about it other than ranting on these forums. Remember how back in the day there was the workers union created to bring equality to the workforce. Seems very forgotten. And I guess us drivers don't have anyone on our sides any longer. Uber overcame many laws and regulations to be able to operate. Good luck in trying to win against them. It seems the only thing is to be dismissed without proper reason from their platform and file for unemployment. I hear that's catching on now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts