Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, we have never touched that topic before, but my personal opinion of a newbie is that uber pool is cheap sh.... Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Hmm what an interesting observation, it's not like this has been discussed 1000 times in this forum.

Honestly I don't mind most pax, they are just choosing the cheapest option. It's Uber that decides to cut rates for Pool, we should be paid the same for pool as we are for UberX.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm what an interesting observation, it's not like this has been discussed 1000 times in this forum.

Honestly I don't mind most pax, they are just choosing the cheapest option. It's Uber that decides to cut rates for Pool, we should be paid the same for pool as we are for UberX.
very true

·
Registered
14 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about pool is that since I don't use Uber's nav, when a new pax is added, it doesn't transfer the new route automatically to Google maps, so I have to cancel the current route, go back to Uber app and send the new route to maps. All while driving and trying not to miss a turn. I've been turning off new requests lately to avoid getting more people. Also, sometimes the routes to pickup or drop off new pax don't make sense at all and pax may be upset because of that and end up giving me a bad review. There's something to be said about the "quality" of the pax. Some of the worse pax I've ever had in my car were Pool or Lyft Line, but most of the time is ok.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The only thing that bothers me about pool is that since I don't use Uber's nav, when a new pax is added, it doesn't transfer the new route automatically to Google maps, so I have to cancel the current route, go back to Uber app and send the new route to maps. All while driving and trying not to miss a turn. I've been turning off new requests lately to avoid getting more people. Also, sometimes the routes to pickup or drop off new pax don't make sense at all and pax may be upset because of that and end up giving me a bad review. There's something to be said about the "quality" of the pax. Some of the worse pax I've ever had in my car were Pool or Lyft Line, but most of the time is ok.
Do you even have time to watch where your going mrs Magoo? Holy mackerel.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I hit stop requests after picking up the rider for all pools. Yes I lose money, but my ratings don't suffer. Just my personal choice

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've loathed pool since day one. It is a pain in the balls,lowers my ratings, and I have less of a social experience. I prefer one on one convos. Doing Pools in Boston is like doing $.80 rides in Providence. There is Pool in the entire state now but thank God ,outside of Boston multiple fares rarely hop on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts