Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the same thought? Can tell me how to avoid this F Uber pools , i hate to have more than one rider in my car and not only that,recently Uber is calculating wrong my $$ in the Pool fares, i have to email them like everytime to fix it, and is always less money, they never get it wrong in a positive way for me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I was going to make a Uber pool thread regarding this, and yes I know there are dozens out there. And I tried keeping up with them when Pool launched, but made up my own mind on Pool being worthwhile. Turns out I was totally wrong! Was the general agreement on all the Uber pool threads that accepting the 2nd pickup is NOT worth it?

Let's say it's a $10 fare. If I accept the pool ping, and it's only one pickup, i'll get the $10. I THOUGHT that if I accept the 2nd pickup, it'll be another $10, totaling $20. But that's wrong, so I thought that the $10 is split between the 2 trips; $5 for each trip ID. That is also kind of wrong. When I get a 2nd pickup, the total ends up being less than the $10 every single time. I went back and checked each pool trip that had a 2nd pickup, and saw that if I had rejected the 2nd pickup, I would have made more money on each trip.

I can't even begin to understand how Uber reaches the fares for matched pool trips, but at least now I know to reject all 2nd pickups.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I was going to make a Uber pool thread regarding this, and yes I know there are dozens out there. And I tried keeping up with them when Pool launched, but made up my own mind on Pool being worthwhile. Turns out I was totally wrong! Was the general agreement on all the Uber pool threads that accepting the 2nd pickup is NOT worth it?

Let's say it's a $10 fare. If I accept the pool ping, and it's only one pickup, i'll get the $10. I THOUGHT that if I accept the 2nd pickup, it'll be another $10, totaling $20. But that's wrong, so I thought that the $10 is split between the 2 trips; $5 for each trip ID. That is also kind of wrong. When I get a 2nd pickup, the total ends up being less than the $10 every single time. I went back and checked each pool trip that had a 2nd pickup, and saw that if I had rejected the 2nd pickup, I would have made more money on each trip.

I can't even begin to understand how Uber reaches the fares for matched pool trips, but at least now I know to reject all 2nd pickups.
Don't reject any second uber pool pickups, the pax in the car that initially ordered uber pool will not be too happy about it, and neither will uber, just cancel the initial dispatch and choose other under the categories, I hope this trick still works. That's what I do, I don't take on any more uber pool jobs, the fares are cheap already, I am not a charity service.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Don't reject any second uber pool pickups, the pax in the car that initially ordered uber pool will not be too happy about it, and neither will uber, just cancel the initial dispatch and choose other under the categories, I hope this trick still works. That's what I do, I don't take on any more uber pool jobs, the fares are cheap already, I am not a charity service.
I can see Uber not liking when I reject the 2nd request, but I'm free to do that if that's what gets me more money.
But why would the pax get upset? They're still paying $5/$15 whether or not someone else is matched aren't they? I would think they'd be glad to be paying less, and not taking up more time.
I do a couple of pool rides a week, and only like 2 get a 2nd request, so hopefully it's not something I'll have to worry much about.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is my personal take on it:

NEVER play ball with this Uber Pool bullshit unless the first pax is at surge pricing, preferably 1.7x and above.

Personally, I don't take the second ping at all, especially if the first is a pretty high surge. One pax at a time helps me keep my sanity. This is the case UNLESS the second ping is extraordinarily high, like 3.0x as much or more.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
I can see Uber not liking when I reject the 2nd request, but I'm free to do that if that's what gets me more money.
But why would the pax get upset? They're still paying $5/$15 whether or not someone else is matched aren't they? I would think they'd be glad to be paying less, and not taking up more time.
I do a couple of pool rides a week, and only like 2 get a 2nd request, so hopefully it's not something I'll have to worry much about.
Because the first pax ordered the car and used Uber pool, they see when you cancel the next job, as does Uber, and Uber will suspend your account.

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Even though $5 and $15 are flat rates but if go short distance then that it'll be actual amount.
I suggest you click on the link I posted, then go find my post how this uber pool crap is a nightmare for the driver and a losing proposition, you are transporting two pax for the price of one, the pax split the fare, you get paid what the fare should have been for one pax, but at the same time you are picking up another pax and dropping off at another location, not only are you screwing yourself big time, but another driver, so when you do or another driver does uber pool you are losing a job and so is the other driver, uber does not care about you, their main concern is the pax to get them the cheapest ride possible on the drivers expense.

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
I suggest you click on the link I posted, then go find my post how this uber pool crap is a nightmare for the driver and a losing proposition, you are transporting two pax for the price of one, the pax split the fare, you get paid what the fare should have been for one pax, but at the same time you are picking up another pax and dropping off at another location, not only are you screwing yourself big time, but another driver, so when you do or another driver does uber pool you are losing a job and so is the other driver, uber does not care about you, their main concern is the pax to get them the cheapest ride possible on the drivers expense.
Look I have done lot of pool rides myself and i do know how it works.In LA we have pool specials meaning no meter how high its surging pax (they really don't care at the moment even if its X5) pay either $5 or $15 flat rate max.I personally advice and encourage drivers on this very forum do not take pool rides if its not surging because you lose money on it or even if your second rider is on surge but half of the surge to first one.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Yep, cancelling 2nd request works best for me. I don't get them often so the ding to my acceptance will be minor. I still don't get how pax would get upset about ignoring 2nd request and dropping them off sooner; maybe Pool works differently in other markets.
On a side note, apparently any fare issues you have need to be addressed within 48 hours of completing the trip. So essentially you need to email them within 24 hours because they take 1 day to respond. Idk if everyone knew this, but I had no idea, I thought I could just review all my trips at the end of the week and email them about any issues, guess not.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I get a lot of Pool requests during surges. But the option is to REJECT the 2nd one. I sometimes ask the 1st one if its ok. If they hesitate, I just reject or cancel.

Also if the 2nd one is behind me, forget it.

An Uber CSR told me its my option to accept the 2nd rider.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.