Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been discussed a ton, but I am new to the page and to the Atlanta area. I drove part time in Cleveland Ohio but they didn't have Uber pool up there so it's a bit new to me. I had an issue with Uber pool the other day when a woman and her two kids got in the car. I didn't even notice she was using pool until I dropped her off and they said I had another person to pick up. I checked the guidelines, as I am sure you have too, and it says no more than two passengers for Uber pool. She obviously had 3. When I contacted Uber about the problem they basically told me it's my job to tell them they can't use that feature and they should request X instead. Have any of you encountered this problem? How did you handle it? Did they adjust your fare?

I also read that with Uber pool if they have too many bags then you can have them request to use X not pool.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, more than 2, cancel trip and have them re-request UberX. Your rating will take a ding but your pocket will appreciate the extra pennies. If they re-request and get another driver, ask them to cancel and try again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am sure this has been discussed a ton, but I am new to the page and to the Atlanta area. I drove part time in Cleveland Ohio but they didn't have Uber pool up there so it's a bit new to me. I had an issue with Uber pool the other day when a woman and her two kids got in the car. I didn't even notice she was using pool until I dropped her off and they said I had another person to pick up. I checked the guidelines, as I am sure you have too, and it says no more than two passengers for Uber pool. She obviously had 3. When I contacted Uber about the problem they basically told me it's my job to tell them they can't use that feature and they should request X instead. Have any of you encountered this problem? How did you handle it? Did they adjust your fare?

I also read that with Uber pool if they have too many bags then you can have them request to use X not pool.
Stop accepting pool request. Unless you don't mind giving charity rides. It's a huge rip off.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Yes I had the same thing, one of my few 1 star ratings.

Definitely simple answer: Don't accept pool rides.

If you do accept pool, if you approach a group with more than 2 people always double check that only 2 are coming on board before you start your trip.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yes I had the same thing, one of my few 1 star ratings.

Definitely simple answer: Don't accept pool rides.

If you do accept pool, if you approach a group with more than 2 people always double check that only 2 are coming on board before you start your trip.
Not before u start trip , but before u open ur doors lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.