Uber Drivers Forum banner

Are you in favor of fredom of choice for Uber pool?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Uber driver in Chicago and I refuse to except Uber pools. I just received a text from Uber that informed me that they will start deactivating drivers for rejecting pools. When they first started forcing us to take request I was not in favor of it and requested to opt out and I was informed there was no opting out. I knew that was unfair as an "independent contractor" supposedly it should be our choice. The wear and tear, the zig zagging and dealing with multiple personalities is very stressful and at the end of a very long ride it all adds up to kibble and bits. I have already setup my plan "B" to drive for Lyft during the deactivation periods because this will be an on going situation. I also suggest that we as drivers start an online petition to give drivers an opt in - opt out feature should they choose to do so. However when they send those information updates they have it where you have to agree to everything or you cannot use the app so they slip in various legal terms and clauses that protects them while we sign over our souls to the devil just to continue working. I would also suggest that we communicate with other drivers and inform them if they are interested in being involved with petitioning and maybe doing a class action law suit should it come to that. It would only take 9 people to start the process. I feel as if Uber owns us but does not what the full responsibility of all that comes with having employees yet they want all the benefits and advantages while all the burdens fall on us "the drivers". I made a decent amount of money during the year but I owe a shit load of taxes even with the write offs. Uber pays for nothing so why is it we can't be our bosses? Because I don't feel like a boss. Join the petition I created and sign up to fight against forced Uber pools.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am a Uber driver in Chicago and I refuse to except Uber pools. I just received a text from Uber that informed me that they will start deactivating drivers for rejecting pools. When they first started forcing us to take request I was not in favor of it and requested to opt out and I was informed there was no opting out. I knew that was unfair as an "independent contractor" supposedly it should be our choice. The wear and tear, the zig zagging and dealing with multiple personalities is very stressful and at the end of a very long ride it all adds up to kibble and bits. I have already setup my plan "B" to drive for Lyft during the deactivation periods because this will be an on going situation. I also suggest that we as drivers start an online petition to give drivers an opt in - opt out feature should they choose to do so. However when they send those information updates they have it where you have to agree to everything or you cannot use the app so they slip in various legal terms and clauses that protects them while we sign over our souls to the devil just to continue working. I would also suggest that we communicate with other drivers and inform them if they are interested in being involved with petitioning and maybe doing a class action law suit should it come to that. It would only take 9 people to start the process. I feel as if Uber owns us but does not what the full responsibility of all that comes with having employees yet they want all the benefits and advantages while all the burdens fall on us "the drivers". I made a decent amount of money during the year but I owe a shit load of taxes even with the write offs. Uber pays for nothing so why is it we can't be our bosses? Because I don't feel like a boss. Join the petition I created and sign up to fight against forced Uber pools.
I'm very sorry to hear that Uber screwed you over like this. I honestly don't know how the CEO isn't in jail for thid huge scam called Uber.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Don't u get paid less even for the first one?
Yes you do, I don't know the rate but you can get a whopping $3 for a min fare and maybe get lucky with $10 for a 45 minute ride. I have never picked up the second rider, nor will I ever. I usually log off after I reject a pool because they are persistent lil cheapies..ping ping ping

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Wow they are forcing you to accept now. We havent gotten those emails out here yet, when the pool pings to my phone I just ignore them. The Pool is not worth it unless you get the 2nd leg of it because the 1st leg is already discounted. These Pax act like they didnt pick Pool but in reality they requested it for the discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts