Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber Pool Fraud against drivers and passengers alike. If your in the passenger app and you enter a pickup location and then a destination and enter one or two passengers, the rates display for Uber Pool and Uber X. If your in the Splash Zone of course it's lists the Pool rate at a flat $5.00, but it greatly inflates the Uber X rate. If your not in the splash zone it still greatly inflates the Uber X rate. Try it for yourself on any rides from your history and see what it displays is the Uber X Rate compared to what the actual fare was, of course plus $1.75 Uber fee. I had one ride Uber X this morning that was a fare $5.56 that paid me $4.45 that when I price check thru passenger app shows $5.00 Pool and $10.64 Uber X?? Come On Uber, does no one get a fare shake??

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just entered UTC Mall to Del Mar Fairgrounds a distance of less than 10 miles. Pool was $11.24, Uber X was $19.30 and up?

If there is a difference of only $.10 per mile and $.02 per minute between Uber X and Uber Pool and the ride is at the most 10 miles, How can the price difference quoted by Uber be anything more than a $1.20 more for Uber X?

$.10 per mile times ten miles = $1.00 plus ten minutes times $.02 per minute equals a $1.20 not $8.06 like they are quoting in the app.

How does Uber X have any future if Uber's deception continues?

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
They are pushing this POO crap at any cost necessary to get more pax
to use it as default from now on.

There is also something strange going on with POO payouts recently. They seem
to be lower than normal. Waybill still shows 1.00/mile, but there seems to
be some funny business going on...
You didn't see my post about the splash zone pool rides I took? Mileage and time are way off, by up to 50% when I recalculated.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Uber Pool Fraud against drivers and passengers alike. If your in the passenger app and you enter a pickup location and then a destination and enter one or two passengers, the rates display for Uber Pool and Uber X. If your in the Splash Zone of course it's lists the Pool rate at a flat $5.00, but it greatly inflates the Uber X rate. If your not in the splash zone it still greatly inflates the Uber X rate. Try it for yourself on any rides from your history and see what it displays is the Uber X Rate compared to what the actual fare was, of course plus $1.75 Uber fee. I had one ride Uber X this morning that was a fare $5.56 that paid me $4.45 that when I price check thru passenger app shows $5.00 Pool and $10.64 Uber X?? Come On Uber, does no one get a fare shake??
This is some interesting information about UberPool that was posted on another thread. Pay close attention to # 5

All credit goes to Altima ATL

Uber pool rules (that are not on 1st page or pool info).
1/ You must be in the car within 2 minutes of driver arrival.
2/ You cannot change the destination.
3/ You cannot make additional stops except for your destination (you can end the ride early on the route to the said final destination but will still be charged the full amount.).
4/ If you are traveling with a friend - there is an addition charge in the booking fee for the second person. But cannot make multiple pickups or drop offs.
5/ If you cancel at any time after 2 minutes of ordering - the cancel fee is the the entire quoted fare of the original request. (the driver just gets a $5 cancellation fee minus Uber commission).

·
Registered
342 Posts
You didn't see my post about the splash zone pool rides I took? Mileage and time are way off, by up to 50% when I recalculated.
Yep and rumor has it that they are paying out on estimated fare rates, not the actual mileage. I have heard some driver's have had to go back and forth with them numerous times (surprise!) to get a single payout corrected :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well after over ten attempts to Opt out of Pool requests I'm going to change tactics. I will only accept Pool requests out of the Splash Zone. When I do get non Splash Zone requests I will pick up passenger and explain the rates to passengers and how they have been lied to by Uber, that on a 10 mile and 10 min freeway run they really are only saving a $1.20 or so and on a ten mile twenty min surface street run they are saving about $1.40. Rates don't lie, Uber does if it suits their purpose.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yep and rumor has it that they are paying out on estimated fare rates, not the actual mileage. I have heard some driver's have had to go back and forth with them numerous times (surprise!) to get a single payout corrected :mad::mad::mad:
Main reason I'm still not taking pool requests. Don't feel like losing my mind trying to get the correct fare I am owed.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
This is some interesting information about UberPool that was posted on another thread. Pay close attention to # 5

5/ If you cancel at any time after 2 minutes of ordering - the cancel fee is the the entire quoted fare of the original request. (the driver just gets a $5 cancellation fee minus Uber commission).
WOW. The more that gets revealed about these POOL shenanigans, the more corrupt
and dishonest it all starts to look.

Underpaying drivers, ripping off pax for full amount of trip on cancellations, lying about
UberX rates to push their UberProfitable POO service, hoarding overages...

Just a matter of time before the next series of lawsuits are released.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
WOW. The more that gets revealed about these POOL shenanigans, the more corrupt
and dishonest it all starts to look.

Underpaying drivers, ripping off pax for full amount of trip on cancellations, lying about
UberX rates to push their UberProfitable POO service, hoarding overages...

Just a matter of time before the next series of lawsuits are released.
You'd have to admit though, for the first time Pax is getting screwed worse than driver on this deal!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts

All credit goes to Altima ATL

Uber pool rules (that are not on 1st page or pool info).
1/ You must be in the car within 2 minutes of driver arrival.
2/ You cannot change the destination.
3/ You cannot make additional stops except for your destination (you can end the ride early on the route to the said final destination but will still be charged the full amount.).
4/ If you are traveling with a friend - there is an addition charge in the booking fee for the second person. But cannot make multiple pickups or drop offs.
2 min rule applies to 2nd rider only

1 - 20 of 27 Posts