Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Uber app and the Pokemon Go app have a lot in common - the app leads us to furry animals but instead of shooting little red balls at them, we pick them up and drive them. And we get paid a little ...... No wonder the Uber app is so addicting.

Waiting for the Uber driver / Pokemon Go rider video to hit You Tube - probably won't take long.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had a Pokemon player in my car. I've never played the game or was big on Pokemon but I knew enough to make it sound like I did and scored a tip.
They tipped you just for pretending you were a Pokeman player ? Humn ... Sounds suspicious ? Did you also provide mints and water and other assorted goodies ? You must be some great Uber driver to be getting all these huge tips.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
They tipped you just for pretending you were a Pokeman player ? Humn ... Sounds suspicious ? Did you also provide mints and water and other assorted goodies ? You must be some great Uber driver to be getting all these huge tips.
It's called having a hustle and social engineering. Maybe if you didn't focus on being so salty you could do it too.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Maybe if you didn't focus on being so salty you could do it too.
Lol ... Salty ? I drove Uber for 6 months. And I'm actually a friendly, nice guy. NOBODY TIPS ! Except I guess all of your passengers. What's your secret Ace ? Please share. Are you a woman ? Maybe you look like a super model ? There must be something about you that separates you from 99.9% of the other Uber drivers who never get tips ? Looking at some of your posts I'm beginning to think you might be an Uber plant. You're always going on and on about how great Uber is.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Lol ... Salty ? I drove Uber for 6 months. And I'm actually a friendly, nice guy. NOBODY TIPS ! Except I guess all of your passengers. What's your secret Ace ? Please share. Are you a woman ? Maybe you look like a super model ? There must be something about you that separates you from 99.9% of the other Uber drivers who never get tips ? Looking at some of your posts I'm beginning to think you might be an Uber plant. You're always going on and on about how great Uber is.
You drove Uber for six months, now you don't, and you shit on people who do. With an attitude such as yours, this is my shocked face that you couldn't get tips.

On an average weekend, I make between 7%-10% tips against my weekly pay. Does everyone tip? No. But some tip very well. And it's not being a woman, it's not anything like that, it's called having a good hustle. It's engaging the passenger. I've explained this before.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I think the secret is that he's more relaxed than you.

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
I make between $15-25 a week in tips. People do tip, especially the airport drop offs. I always get $5 for helping with the luggage. I see people all the time just pop there trunk and then complain there's no tip. All I offer is phone chargers that I bought for $5 on Amazon. I keep my car clean in and out. I got $60 once from a guy who wanted to go from north Bergen to exit 105 on the park way and he sed that 4 drivers b4 me all sed no and canceled. Tips come if your nice, might not be everyday but people do tip. I have $13 and worked Monday-Friday for 16 log in hours.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Damn bro, you drove for 6 months and no tips, what is wrong with your social skills, i confess that not everybody tips but on my case 1 out of 8 pax tips me, i had 39 trips this week and only 5 tip me from 2$-8$.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I think the secret is that he's more relaxed than you.
Which is kind of ironic given how OCD I am.

I think to understand the Uber driver mindset is anyone who was defending the driver's behavior in that video at the hospital. Any driver who thinks that driver was entitled to his reaction really shouldn't be driving for Uber.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Damn bro, you drove for 6 months and no tips, what is wrong with your social skills, i confess that not everybody tips but on my case 1 out of 8 pax tips me, i had 39 trips this week and only 5 tip me from 2$-8$.
Your percentage of tips are astounding ? Compared to the average Uber driver. I guess you'll do "Whatever it takes" to make the pax happy ? Keep up the good work !

·
Registered
920 Posts
bro needs to take a shower. Probably smells. LOL

6 months and no tip? GTFOH
I guess your another great driver who will do "Whatever it takes" .... congratulations. After a night of driving and providing happy endings I think you're the one who needs the shower. And plenty of listerine. Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts