Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don’t know what is wrong with Uber. Why they can be so evil and wicked to force drivers with this point system. I am based in Lancaster, PA. And the amount of point you have to acquire to achieve Diamond status is 1200.

At first, I wanted to see what this Diamond status is all about. So I put in a lot of mileage and hours to myself and my car.
Upon achieving Diamond status, I find out that there is not much difference from the Diamond and Blue status. The only difference is the Extra Destination; which enables you to filter your trips. And the Trip Diruration; which enables you to see how far the trip will be.

To make matter worse, if your acceptance rate falls below 85% they revoke your status and you won’t be able to see the trip duration.

To make matter even more worse, the points resets after 3 month period. If you don’t earn 1200 at the end of the 3 month period, they clear off all your points and start you over.

To make it more worst, if you have 1200 but your acceptance rate is lest than 85 %, your point will still clear down to 0.

To make matter horrible, if you manage to achieve the 1200 point and 85% acceptance rate at the end of the period, you will still have to earn additional 1200 points to keep your Diamond status before the next 3 months.

I don’t know who thought of this stupid and horrible idea but it’s really sad and messed up. After all, if they are done with you, they will ban you and find someone else 🤦🏾‍♂️

It is really sad, they got to do better 😤

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that you have figured out that the game is rigged so that you can NOT win, where have you submitted your resume to?
Well I am studying for Computer Programming. I am just waiting to finish. Don’t get me wrong, I know that ‘if you don’t like it, go somewhere else’ It’s just piss me off that they are taking advantages of us drivers like that.

Don’t go forcing unnecessary rules/policies that will cripple the drivers. Especially when they keep promoting Uber image to the customers. I don’t complain to the customers but to the agents. But they act like they care and say will document the complaints and forward it to their team. But they don’t do anything.

They give benefits with one hand and take more with the other hand

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well I am studying for Computer Programming. I am just waiting to finish. Don’t get me wrong, I know that ‘if you don’t like it, go somewhere else’ It’s just piss me off that they are taking advantages of us drivers like that.

Don’t go forcing unnecessary rules/policies that will cripple the drivers. Especially when they keep promoting Uber image to the customers. I don’t complain to the customers but to the agents. But they act like they care and say will document the complaints and forward it to their team. But they don’t do anything.

The sooner you accept the way they conduct business the better off you will be. As you say this job is a bridge to computer programming so treat it that way and dont let them upset you because if you think this is the only thing they do to drivers that is wrong,just wait the hole goes deeper. I have already expended all the anger and condemnation of their practices. Everything they do is designed to punish excellence. so just do the best you can and dont let it get to you,if you can. I know it's hard. BTW we need 1800 here for diamond.

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
7,453 Posts

The are only taking advantage of the dumb ones
Most of us here wear our blue with pride..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The sooner you accept the way they conduct business the better off you will be. As you say this job is a bridge to computer programming so treat it that way and dont let them upset you because if you think this is the only thing they do to drivers that is wrong,just wait the hole goes deeper. I have already expended all the anger and condemnation of their practices. Everything they do is designed to punish excellence. so just do the best you can and dont let it get to you,if you can. I know it's hard. BTW we need 1800 here for diamond.
Why is the points an issue when a knowledgeable experienced driver can make money without it?

You get time and miles right? Concentrate on on maximizing the info you get without points based on location of pu, time of day, what day it is, weather and of course events.
I don’t know what is wrong with Uber. Why they can be so evil and wicked to force drivers with this point system. I am based in Lancaster, PA. And the amount of point you have to acquire to achieve Diamond status is 1200.

At first, I wanted to see what this Diamond status is all about. So I put in a lot of mileage and hours to myself and my car.
Upon achieving Diamond status, I find out that there is not much difference from the Diamond and Blue status. The only difference is the Extra Destination; which enables you to filter your trips. And the Trip Diruration; which enables you to see how far the trip will be.

To make matter worse, if your acceptance rate falls below 85% they revoke your status and you won’t be able to see the trip duration.

To make matter even more worse, the points resets after 3 month period. If you don’t earn 1200 at the end of the 3 month period, they clear off all your points and start you over.

To make it more worst, if you have 1200 but your acceptance rate is lest than 85 %, your point will still clear down to 0.

To make matter horrible, if you manage to achieve the 1200 point and 85% acceptance rate at the end of the period, you will still have to earn additional 1200 points to keep your Diamond status before the next 3 months.

I don’t know who thought of this stupid and horrible idea but it’s really sad and messed up. After all, if they are done with you, they will ban you and find someone else 🤦🏾‍♂️

It is really sad, they got to do better 😤

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why is the points an issue when a knowledgeable experienced driver can make money without it?

You get time and miles right? Concentrate on on maximizing the info you get without points based on location of pu, time of day, what day it is, weather and of course events.
You are right. It’s just that I cannot see trip duration when I am on blues that’s why. I don’t care about the point too. It’s just the ability to be able to filter my rides according to my destination and see w

But as a matter of fact, the filter destination also sucks. They just keep giving you rides around the areas.

Thanks to everyone for the advices and replies. From this point on its Fvck Uber and their point system. They can shove it up they arses.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts