Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a glitch in the driver app for at least a week allowing me to see EVERY destination immediately after accepting the ping by turning off cellular data and starting the ride. Then the usual swiping off the screen twice to reset before turning on cell data. This has worked after arrival at the pickup point but for one fun cherry-picking week it worked before arrival. Unfortunately they fixed the glitch earlier today.

·
Premium Member
4,059 Posts
Show up. See where its going cancel. Move on . Do not do to many like this they might kick you .
Lyft still showing everythign here . I know the pay where the pick up and drop off is before i accept .
If not i will decline 100 in a row when i am driving dd . They took it away then i declined 300 ? More or less . Then its back .

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t GAF where the trip is going. I just care that the pickup ride isn’t anymore than 10 minutes away.
Let’s apply some simple math to your logic. If you drive 10 minutes to pickup for a 5 minute ride that pays $2.62 you can do that 4 times an hour for a total of $10.48 per hour. Good luck with that plan.

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
That never happens multiple times in a row, but it did you’d have $10.48 like you said.......try driving 25 minutes to get a $2.62 trip............your choice obviously, all markets are different, and car positioning is important. I’ve got over 11,000 rides to date so I won’t be changing up anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
In LV, I always ask: "where you going?" Before I swipe to start ride. If I don't want to go there, I cancel.

Sometimes I will text in app, enroute, : Destination? I get a response about 25% of the time.

I really hate having to return to the Strip 18 unpaid miles while it is surging. I try to stay within about 6 miles of DT and Strip and airport.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts