Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the fornicate do they geofence off the DCA Pig Pen from Surge?

Ecoregion World Map Product Font
Ecoregion World Product Map Font
Ecoregion World Map Line Atlas

My favorite, surge in the goddamn river and island but not the airport:

Ecoregion Map Infrastructure World Atlas

I'm the 'closest driver' yet you won't turn Surge on?

Ecoregion Map World Font Atlas
World Light Product Map Font

Screw a goat Dara

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
It's still going on. Off and on since about 10pm but the DCA honeycombs haven't surged a single time. I got an insta-ping from my house on Columbia Pike while playing around with the app. Three dozen flights landed between 10pm to midnite, but nada surge.

·
Registered
660 Posts
They don't let it surge because they know there are 50 cars in the PigPen with their apps off waiting for it to surge.
I've seen it surge at DCA, and that's the only place it's surging. That is interesting. It's stupid of them to do that because no one will take the airport one if it's surging all around there. Then, you get the example of being 7.7 miles & 17 minutes away getting a ping there.

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
They don't let it surge because they know there are 50 cars in the PigPen with their apps off waiting for it to surge.
I don't know if that's why they don't let it surge but I absolutely believe there are large numbers of drivers in these lots with apps off at various times trying to create surge despite the risks from the Airport police who used to do inspections at DCA at least

·
Registered
660 Posts
I don't know if that's why they don't let it surge but I absolutely believe there are large numbers of drivers in these lots with apps off at various times trying to create surge despite the risks from the Airport police who used to do inspections at DCA at least
Maybe, that's why when I last Ubered on Sunday, 2/4, I had a DCA dropoff; noticed quite a few cars in the lot. But after I dropped them off looped onto the West Entrance Road, I got a ping. I was excited because it was no wait in that lot. So, in less than one hour, I took people from Van Ness to DCA (with 1.2x boost) $14 for me (not including $3 tip added to the app), and then picked up people going to Gallaudet University about $9. $23 in less than 1 hour ($26 with the tip); I'm ok with that.

·
26,185 Posts
I received a ping upon drop off at the Old Main Sunday. I did note that both Team Camry and the Kerb Lane U-Turn Boys (Uber SUV) were well represented in the TNC yard. She had been screened once. She went to the Gaylord. This is probably the only time that I have received a trip to the Gaylord that I did not mind running. Of course, some dolt did decide to park his car in the middle of the SW Freeway on the outbound side (that is the route that the application designated for me, so I took it), so it created a bit of a rubbernecking delay just at Twelfth Street, but, after that, it was allright.

Reactions: New2This

·
Registered
832 Posts
Lol. Anthem doesn't do surprise concerts..... you were just surprised to see all that lovely surge! ;-)

I was there too. I got a 2.6x
That's more or less what I meant. I don't check concert schedules. It wasn't even that busy. Sometimes Maine Ave backs up but this time it was relatively clear. I drove in from 395. Actually, last night I got ANOTHER 2.2x but it was on Constitution Ave. I was near Crystal City and I saw Downtown near SW bright red. I hustled over there and as I got close enough while on 395 to go online a god damn "random" photo verification message appeared. I had to reach DC and pull over cause it won't let you take the photo while the car is moving.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Uber may not be able to play any of the surge straight. They get gamed by team Camry. If drivers used the system “honestly” — ha ha — uber probably wouldn’t have to throw curveballs.

I was in the dca lot on Sunday afternoon (I will consider if black dot of hell shows mid twenties or less) and saw two drivers using prayer rugs. Praying for surge, I guess?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.