Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been temporarily deactivated because they didn't have a personal photo and something else?

I had a photo of my vehicle. I would argue that this makes more sense if the reason for a photo is so "the rider can easily identify who is coming to pick them up", like the email states.

And then it's also less likely to be seen as an invasion of privacy and/or used as a tool to practice discrimination?

·
Registered
153 Posts
You need to have a photo of yourself as a safety precaution for your pax. Just seeing your car only verfies that it is car they're expecting---not the actual driver that it is registered to. A psycho could have stolen your car/phone and been masquerading as you.

And, if are concerned about pax cancelling because of something they see in your photo, is that the type of person you want riding in your car?

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
You need to have a photo of yourself as a safety precaution for your pax. Just seeing your car only verfies that it is car they're expecting---not the actual driver that it is registered to. A psycho could have stolen your car/phone and been masquerading as you.

And, if are concerned about pax cancelling because of something they see in your photo, is that the type of person you want riding in your car?
shouldn't we also have that safety?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Has anyone else been temporarily deactivated because they didn't have a personal photo and something else?

I had a photo of my vehicle. I would argue that this makes more sense if the reason for a photo is so "the rider can easily identify who is coming to pick them up", like the email states.

And then it's also less likely to be seen as an invasion of privacy and/or used as a tool to practice discrimination?
Lyft uses pics of both, and Uber should too, I think. At the very least though a pic of the driver is better than a pic of the car. There is only one of you, there are any number of cars that look like yours and can be out front.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A photo of the car is 100 times more useful, as far as the rider being able to recognize you have arrived and where you are in a timely manner.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts