Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got contacted by a reporter from PBS is doing a story on Uber and I need to come up with the timeline of all the stupid s*** that they've done anybody care to help?

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Iconiq Capital (Mark) is a Series B investor in Uber Technologies.

Mark and Travis are good friends.

Mark is invested in Uber Technologies through other other funds where he is a limited partner.

I have several relationships with FB and Mark as well.

Lyft is in the process of being run over.

Even GM left it’s board.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
I got contacted by a reporter from PBS is doing a story on Uber and I need to come up with the timeline of all the stupid s*** that they've done anybody care to help?
Go for it and don't look back!
You only get one chance to do this thing.

Tell them that the drivers have been suckered in with promises of high hourly wages and hefty bonuses, but everything lasted for a short time.

After building the driving fleet of ants and getting them hooked, they proceeded to entice the riders with dirt cheap fares at the expense of the drivers.

The fares were great 4-5 years ago, but today we're lucky to break $25/hr gross and when you deducts gas and other expenses, you're looking at exactly $15/hr or less.

This fuzzy math is not lost on the smart ants, but it's too late to demand better treatment, when so many foolish ants are willing to work for even less money.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Go for it and don't look back!
You only get one chance to do this thing.

Tell them that the drivers have been suckered in with promises of high hourly wages and hefty bonuses, but everything lasted for a short time.

After building the driving fleet of ants and getting them hooked, they proceeded to entice the riders with dirt cheap fares at the expense of the drivers.

The fares were great 4-5 years ago, but today we're lucky to break $25/hr gross and when you deducts gas and other expenses, you're looking at exactly $15/hr or less.

This fuzzy math is not lost on the smart ants, but it's too late to demand better treatment, when so many foolish ants are willing to work for even less money.
If he puts his name his rest of the life is fcked

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iconiq Capital (Mark) is a Series B investor in Uber Technologies.

Mark and Travis are good friends.

Mark is invested in Uber Technologies through other other funds where he is a limited partner.

I have several relationships with FB and Mark as well.

Lyft is in the process of being run over.

Even GM left it's board.
Are you friends with travis? I'd REAAALLY like to meet him!

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
One of the vilest and meanest things they used to do was not offer Quest or Boost on DF trips. Then they did for a short time but now they are back to cutting driver pay by 30% just because they want to head towards home or wherever anyway. To me that shows perfectly how little they "value our partners".

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Uber’s PR campaign when Dara became CEO. “We’re doing the right thing”. “We’re listening”

Uber heard driver’s are most concerned about their “Earnings”. So Uber made a new app which nobody asked for that shows driver’s earnings right in front. Driver’s can now see their earnings for the day in the home page!!!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The worst thing they do IMHO is blatantly encourage drivers to engage in illegal behavior.

When you arrive for an unaccompanied minor or baby without carseat, uber makes you wait there in an often confrontational situation until you can cancel without penalty. Too many cancelations and you get fired, so too many drivers do these illegal rides while uber gladly collects the money. So that uber has plausible deniability, they tell drivers out of the other side of their mouth that these rides are against the terms of service and they cam fire the driver for doing them.

Similarly, uber collects money for rides where they know the destination is illegal, like certain local airports. They are hoping the driver isnt aware, and the driver will suffer the consequence of a ticket that may be several hundred dollars.

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I spoke with those folks and decided it wasn't worth the potential backlash of involving myself. Since you want to jump on the sword by all means ask away..

Reactions: 132266
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.