Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
But as usual that is after fulling expencing a car.

If you include having a relatively decent car into the McD wages things are very different.

Why can't these articles be more factual.

·
Registered
215 Posts
They seem to have gotten information from Uber data which would only factor miles and time while loaded. Add the empty miles between loading and the down time between customers, and the picture is quite a bit uglier. Of course, Uber doesn't want to include those expenses because they don't want to admit drivers are working the app as a livery service instead of "ridesharing" with others heading to the same general destinations.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
But as usual that is after fulling expencing a car.

If you include having a relatively decent car into the McD wages things are very different.

Why can't these articles be more factual.
And McDonalds would have to reimburse the employee for car expenses (in addition to their wages) if their car is used on the job.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
McDonald's don't give their fry cook a car let alone pay for their expenses lol.

You fail to see the point bod is making.
If McDonalds required employees to use their own grill to cook the hamburgers, McDonalds would have to reimburse the employee for the expense of using their own grill on the job. Businesses expenses are NEVER part of wages.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
If McDonalds required employees to use their own grill to cook the hamburgers, McDonalds would have to reimburse the employee for the expense of using their own grill on the job. Businesses expenses are NEVER part of wages.
So you think Uber should reimburse the drivers for their vehicle costs?

Lol.

Ok.

Let us all know what the weather is like in Narnia.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
You can't be that dense can you?

You seriously can't understand the point I was making?
The problem is you think your point is applicable, when it's not.

People have housing expenses too, but housing expenses aren't applicable to compsensating Uber and McDonald's workers. Car expenses aren't applicable to compensating McDonald's workers, but they are applicable to compsensating Uber drivers. This is common sense to most people. Sorry you are having such a hard time understanding it.

·
Banned
3,748 Posts
The problem is you think your point is applicable, when it's not.

People have housing expenses too, but housing expenses aren't applicable to compsensating Uber and McDonald's workers. Car expenses aren't applicable to compensating McDonald's workers, but they are applicable to compsensating Uber drivers. This is common sense to most people. Sorry you are having such a hard time understanding it.
UberLaxbog is busy sitting on his 'throne' eating those chocolate flavoured tablets.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't know if I should even bother trying to make it any clearer for you.. let's try once more...

Say in mcds you get 8 pounds an hour after all tax etc.
In ph for example you made 10 pounds an hour after ALL expenses, including your vehicle costs.

Now at mcds that's all you got, your pay. But for ph you also have a vehicle that your not paying any extra for. Is that clear enough lol?

P.s. I didn't add anything about pensions and holiday etc to keep it simple so people that get confused easily don't.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Also consider your commuting time (and costs) .

Would you work out your hourly rate from the time you leave your house to go to your McDonald's job and the time you come back? Plus the train/bus fare?

Which is likely to be included when you work out how much you earn for Uber.

(Of course you could be lucky enough to live next to your place of work).

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
I don't know if I should even bother trying to make it any clearer for you.. let's try once more...

Say in mcds you get 8 pounds an hour after all tax etc.
In ph for example you made 10 pounds an hour after ALL expenses, including your vehicle costs.

Now at mcds that's all you got, your pay. But for ph you also have a vehicle that your not paying any extra for. Is that clear enough lol?

P.s. I didn't add anything about pensions and holiday etc to keep it simple so people that get confused easily don't.
The vehicle costs being subtracted from the driver's Uber revenue are only the costs consumed by using their car for Uber, not their total costs of owning a car.

You can't subtract personal costs, such as car ownership, from taxable income. You can however subtract the portion of car ownership costs that are attributed to doing your job from your taxable income when your job doesn't reimburse you for them. The rest is personal costs, and is an after tax cost. Using a car for personal use costs Mcd employees and Uber drivers the same.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Uber don't pay..every driver is self-employed.
It's a choice who we supply our services as drivers to.
You are right that Uber's prices are low. Another thing is that at the low paid jobs, you have benefits of paid holiday and no risk, but as business people, we PHdrivers are free to chose our working ours to change our earnings, but the risks are higher.
It's business!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts