Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber has no other competition in the Albuquerque Market other then Cab Co's, and yet our rates are horrible. Also the only incentive Uber gives the Albuquerque Market is to find other Drivers. There are 5x as many Drivers now then there was even 6 months ago. I NEVER find other drivers, 1. because that lowers your pay, and 2. It lowers your number of fares. If Riders ask how the pay is, I tell them the truth it sucks, by the time you do vehicle upkeep and General maintenance you are making less then $5.00 per hour.

I've learned the only way to make money is to only log on during Surges, once the surge has ended I log off.

Everyone should adopt this method, if so we would have more surge opportunity and everyone would make slightly more money. Also, if you are working areas where there are large crowds, like bars or events. You should always log off until surges rise to at least 2.8 or more.

Every night log off at 1:20am and wait for at least 10 minutes, for the bar surge to begin before you log in again, turn on after it reaches 2.8 or higher. Sitting there logged in with no surges prevents surges from happening because you are fulfilling the rides essentially for free. It's not worth it.

Remember! Only accept rides during surge times, otherwise LOG OFF and wait. It's time we start making wages above the minimum wage of 8.50 in Albuquerque. With so many new drivers i've been averaging $7.00 per hour and that doesn't include any maintenance or Gas. It's a negative to put that mileage on my Car if i'm making peanuts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
As I sit here right now on Wed night there are over 40 Drivers Logged in with ZERO areas surging. Log off people you are killing it for yourself and everyone else.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeez Right now there are 8 Drivers logged on between 1st and 7th on Central sitting there. No-one making any money, just wasting time. 5 by the airport between Gibson and the Cell waiting area, again no money for anyone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last surge in ABQ at 6:15. None since (10:30 now), with over 50 drivers taking peanuts for fares, those peanuts won't pay for your vehicle repairs. You have to log off and work only Surge Pricing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It appears it's a fake surge. I'm the only driver in the area, it now went up to 2.1 and still no fare, I should have known better. Uber is at it again.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yet another Surge in Downtown ABQ, 8 cars sitting there between 1st St. and 7th. St. Funny thing is they sat there through the surge, I saw one car disappear meaning he got a fare.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drivers, you need to make sure you download the passenger app as well so you can see where other drivers are and where there aren't drivers is where the next surge will go to. We need to play the software and not let them play us. They don't care about the driver at all! In fact they hope to phase out surges with algorithyms. If we log out it will not allow them to do that to us.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol STOP chasing the surge, don't waste your gas. A surge just went to 2.1 and 6 drivers chased to that area. By the time you get there the demand was already filled. The area you vacated will surge next, and you will be caught chasing again and getting no fare.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been watching the way UBER is using the surge against the driver. What they are doing is using the surge to move the drivers to different Quadrants, yet no surge rides are accepted, once the Driver reaches the new quadrant at the end of the 5 minutes (every 5 minutes each quadrant resets) the Surge ends, and then the rides are given to the drivers at non surge pricing. So the Driver loses time, money and wear and tear on the vehicle, and gets the fare for essentially nothing. Drivers stop chasing Surges. Stay parked in the quadrant you are offline until the Surges go over 2.+, this means that a rider is waiting, 2.8 is 2 riders waiting, ect.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts