Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-ride-hell-compounded-sent-12-000-bill.html

Uber passenger horrified after being charged $16,000 for 7-mile New York 'car ride from hell' (that's $2,200 a mile)

The journey began on March 28 when Ms Hessel decided to call an UberX car to get to a fundraising pub crawl for cancer due to start at 1pm.

But alarms bells were triggered as soon as she got in the car to find the driver appeared distracted.

After sitting in the vehicle for around five minutes before setting off, he soon began to ignore the GPS, taking a longer and more complicated route, according to Ms Hessel.

But the nightmare trip was far from over.

After receiving her initial bill of $56.40, the passenger immediate e-mailed Uber Support to complain she had been overcharged and that the driver had unnecessarily extended the ride.

Within a few days, the Uber resp had written back to inform Ms Hessel the company agreed the journey was 'inefficient' and she would get a refund of $15.

But the following morning, she received a bizarre email which stated she owed Uber more than $16,000 - with a refund of $4,000. Her total, in the end, came to $12,251.49.

'It freaked me out,' she told DNA Info. 'I have bad eye sight and I thought maybe I wasn't reading it correctly.'

The panicked Ms Hessel quickly got in touch with the company again to inform them of their error and said she felt lucky that her credit card had expired between the journey and the bill so the transport app would have been unable to charge her.

Uber has since wiped the bill and offered to pay her the original $15 refund but Ms Hessel said she now feels she can't trust them with her new card details.

They say it was a clerical error and that she was never actually charged the $16,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ompounded-sent-12-000-bill.html#ixzz4MuwtylYf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

·
Premium Member
63,058 Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ar-ride-hell-compounded-sent-12-000-bill.html

Uber passenger horrified after being charged $16,000 for 7-mile New York 'car ride from hell' (that's $2,200 a mile)

The journey began on March 28 when Ms Hessel decided to call an UberX car to get to a fundraising pub crawl for cancer due to start at 1pm.

But alarms bells were triggered as soon as she got in the car to find the driver appeared distracted.

After sitting in the vehicle for around five minutes before setting off, he soon began to ignore the GPS, taking a longer and more complicated route, according to Ms Hessel.

After receiving her initial bill of $56.40, the passenger immediate e-mailed Uber Support to complain she had been overcharged and that the driver had unnecessarily extended the ride.

Within a few days, the Uber resp had written back to inform Ms Hessel the company agreed the journey was 'inefficient' and she would get a refund of $15.

But the following morning, she received a bizarre email which stated she owed Uber more than $16,000 - with a refund of $4,000. Her total, in the end, came to $12,251.49.

'It freaked me out,' she told DNA Info. 'I have bad eye sight and I thought maybe I wasn't reading it correctly.'

The panicked Ms Hessel quickly got in touch with the company again to inform them of their error and said she felt lucky that her credit card had expired between the journey and the bill so the transport app would have been unable to charge her.

Uber has since wiped the bill and offered to pay her the original $15 refund but Ms Hessel said she now feels she can't trust them with her new card details.

They say it was a clerical error and that she was never actually charged the $16,000.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ompounded-sent-12-000-bill.html#ixzz4MuwtylYf
Wow !
I need a surge ride like that.
I'd go buy a new car the next day !

·
Registered
1,496 Posts

NYC rides from hell don't come cheap these days. Well, actually uberpool can get you there pretty cheap.

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
I'm sure her first response from Rohit and the gang about the billing issue was to uninstall and reinstall the app then restart her phone.

Reactions: TwoFiddyMile

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
Why do IT guys all look alike?
Why do you use one alias to respond to something another of your aliases posts?

Talking to yourself is a sign of mental illness...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts