Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been Uber driving as basically a full time job the last 3 months. When i signed up I didn't even intend for it to be a full time job. I actually have someting else I can do part time about 20 hours a week. But basically the platinum incentives hooked me in to work full time and I have just been doing Uber.

To be honest the $$ has actually been pretty good and I really can't complain about that. But the level of complete disregard and disdain with which the company treats its drivers has been something that has been eating at me and I guess it finally got to the point I couldnt deal with it anymore.

This includes but Is not limited to

1. short changing me on rides and then making me waste hours doing s ******ed dance with incompetent CSR to try to get compensated correctly.

2. Deleting and changing fares without even telling me (seriously is is real life. How can any legitimate company do this?)

3. Being completely unable to provide any assistance in any matter snd in most cases actually doing harm by providing me misinformation whenever I ask a question.

The culmination of this is that I wanted to take a week off and defer my platinum status to the following week. It is just absurd that in 2016 there is no one I can even talk to From a $60 billion company to see if I even can do this, short of taking several hours out of my day to go to the Wwstwood office and even then it would be a Crapshoot as far as actually getting s competent response.

I mean it is 2016 and I am really partnering with a $60 billion company that purposefully gives me misinformation every time I email them a question and doesn't even have a phone number to call. The levels of ridiculousness is mind boggling and I guess I can't deal with it anymore.

I actually count myself lucky that I emerged from this ordeal relatively unscathed, with no major accidents or serious issues with pax's. Probabky the worst thing that has happened is my stereo speakers sound marginally worse now from a-holes blasting music full blast and 10,000+ miles of depreciation on my car.

I sincerely wish you all the best and hope nothing bad happens to any of you because I know you are all completely on your own. I think ride sharing is a pretty cool idea and in the right hands it could be a very good thing for passengers and drivers. I think it is a real shame that such a poorly run company has such a stranglehold on the industry due to deep pockets from investors $$ and until (if) their investors see the truth and throw out the current management I don't see anything changing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
So I have been Uber driving as basically a full time job the last 3 months. When i signed up I didn't even intend for it to be a full time job. I actually have someting else I can do part time about 20 hours a week. But basically the platinum incentives hooked me in to work full time and I have just been doing Uber.

To be honest the $$ has actually been pretty good and I really can't complain about that. But the level of complete disregard and disdain with which the company treats its drivers has been something that has been eating at me and I guess it finally got to the point I couldnt deal with it anymore.

1. short changing me on rides and then making me waste hours doing s ******ed dance with incompetent CSR to try to get compensated correctly.

2. Deleting and changing fares without even telling me (seriously is is real life. How can any legitimate company do this?)

3. Being completely unable to provide any assistance in any matter snd in most cases actually doing harm by providing me misinformation whenever I ask a question.

The culmination of this is that I wanted to take a week off and defer my platinum status to the following week. It is just absurd that in 2016 there is no one I can even talk to From a $60 billion company to see if I even can do this, short of taking several hours out of my day to go to the Wwstwood office and even then it would be a Crapshoot as far as actually getting s competent response.

I mean it is 2016 and I am really partnering with a $60 billion company that purposefully gives me misinformation every time I email them a question and doesn't even have a phone number to call. The levels of ridiculousness is mind boggling and I guess I can't deal with it anymore.

I actually count myself lucky that I emerged from this ordeal relatively unscathed, with no major accidents or serious issues with pax's. Probabky the worst thing that has happened is my stereo speakers sound marginally worse now from a-holes blasting music full blast and 10,000+ miles of depreciation on my car.

I sincerely wish you all the best and hope nothing bad happens to any of you because I know you are all completely on your own. I think ride sharing is a pretty cool idea and in the right hands it could be a very good thing for passengers and drivers. I think it is a real shame that such a poorly run company has such a stranglehold on the industry due to deep pockets from investors $$ and until (if) their investors see the truth and throw out the current management I don't see anything changing.
You're doing the right thing by stepping away from this gig. If you keep going it's only going to drive you mad ,and you would have been one of the idiots on the road throwing McDonald at cars that cut you off. If you arn't happy with something stop doing it.:)

·
Registered
767 Posts

Good post

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
The culmination of this is that I wanted to take a week off and defer my platinum status to the following week. It is just absurd that in 2016 there is no one I can even talk to from a $60 billion company to see if I even can do this, short of taking several hours out of my day to go to the Wwstwood office. And even then it would be a crapshoot as far as actually getting a competent response.

This article was published by BuzzFeed essentially right before you started, but it explains a lot:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/johanabhuiyan/contracts-and-chaos-inside-ubers-customer-service-struggles

I couldn't agree more. I knew it was as bad as this when the (very capable) rep at the L.A. office I sat down with trashed his Partner Support virtual counterparts without a moment's hesitation.

Best of luck with your future endeavors. And Happy (Uber) Independence Day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto...I was a full time driver for about six months...I am sooo done as of last week...fed up with Uber and Pax bullcrap...starting training with my new job next week which includes benefits and overtime

1 - 5 of 5 Posts