Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity, who are a wheelman for? Give me your pro/cons list. Just curious.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,107 Posts
Only drive on money making days, or your wasting your time for sure. I usally drive two days a week, maybe 2 and a half. My high has been just under 6oo.oo dollars so far. Can't make a living, but good extra income.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My take:
1.) Your only going to pick up a surge out of pure luck 95% of the time.
2.) People who ride Uber will not pay surge pricing, they will just wait around until rates have gone back to you making garbage money for driving them and of course 98% of the time you will not get a tip...even on the day of a holiday..like Christmas.
3.) never drive to a surge area to get the surge price for the above stated reasons, secondly...sitting in the surge area on a holiday or popular weekend will only net you calls outside of the surge area because the passengers inside the surge area are waiting for surge to fall off. third, since demand is so high on those nights...as the surge zone you are sitting in surges another area close by stops Surging and you will get a bazillion request for garbage non-surge rate.
4.) in the likely event that you should nail a surge (and get fired up) calm yourself down because you my friend are only going a mile or less..lmao!
5. Skip the Uber bull*^* and drive for Lyft and you will never make $$2 on a run again (min $4)! Also customers tip on the app.
6.) 1-5am is best odds of surge if you wanna give up your new years for$60.00.
Just out of curiosity, who are a wheelman for? Give me your pro/cons list. Just curious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I aggree you make more with lift but Detroit pax are not very good. I seem to get rated low because they don't know what the rating means. On the same day I get a 5 from Uber I get 4 from Lyft. However in Ann arbor the pax have more experience and rate more fairly.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I aggree you make more with lift but Detroit pax are not very good. I seem to get rated low because they don't know what the rating means. On the same day I get a 5 from Uber I get 4 from Lyft. However in Ann arbor the pax have more experience and rate more fairly.
I have 4.88 with Lyft and a 4.82 with Uber, just the opposite with my driving, and I get a lot of nice comments from pax on Lyft, I get some Yups as well though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts