Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a short trip this morning during the hard rain. Surging like crazy. Pick up was 28 n franklin drop off was 111 s Wacker. Have to go up to Randolph and then over to Wacker to complete the trip. After the rush was over I noticed they only paid: .1 miles. I Google mapped my route and it was: .6 miles. I've contacted Uber support and in two boilerplate responses they are refusing to budge. It is so frustrating that they nickel and dime you to death and practically tell you to shove it when you question it.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
At that time I was in Lisle and had the the destination set for Lombard at 815. Got a match to the Joliet Amtrak station. Great money getting there. 355 northbound after those storms? .y boss is flexible but a lot of people would have been screwed

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Had a short trip this morning during the hard rain. Surging like crazy. Pick up was 28 n fremont drop off was 111 s Wacker. Have to go up to Randolph and then over to Wacker to complete the trip. After the rush was over I noticed they only paid: .1 miles. I Google mapped my route and it was: .6 miles. I've contacted Uber support and in two boilerplate responses they are refusing to budge. It is so frustrating that they nickel and dime you to death and practically tell you to shove it when you question it.
If what you say here is true then I think they paid too much..... there is no such of address 28 n fremont in Chicago.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's Franklin :)
But still sucks the way uber responds.
It's indeed 0.1 mile but only if ...reverse![/QU
Had a short trip this morning during the hard rain. Surging like crazy. Pick up was 28 n fremont drop off was 111 s Wacker. Have to go up to Randolph and then over to Wacker to complete the trip. After the rush was over I noticed they only paid: .1 miles. I Google mapped my route and it was: .6 miles. I've contacted Uber support and in two boilerplate responses they are refusing to budge. It is so frustrating that they nickel and dime you to death and practically tell you to shove it when you question it.
No wonder they won't budge. You don't even know the city. Go back to Elmhurst

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If what you say here is true then I think they paid too much..... there is no such of address 28 n fremont in Chicago.
It was the hotel halfway between Madison and Washington

Oops meant franklin. The hotel there

·
Registered
15,929 Posts
Had a short trip this morning during the hard rain. Surging like crazy. Pick up was 28 n franklin drop off was 111 s Wacker. Have to go up to Randolph and then over to Wacker to complete the trip. After the rush was over I noticed they only paid: .1 miles. I Google mapped my route and it was: .6 miles. I've contacted Uber support and in two boilerplate responses they are refusing to budge. It is so frustrating that they nickel and dime you to death and practically tell you to shove it when you question it.
Unless you were stopped in traffic a REALLY long time isn't it a minimum trip either way? In my market up to about 1.5 miles is minimum.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
send another email. Hope that it goes to "Betty". Cross fingers.

"Frank" in Bangalore had his google maps set on 'walking directions mode'.

had the the destination set for Lombard at 815. Got a match to the Joliet Amtrak station.
yup. Lombard, Joliet. They're only a country mile apart. easy peasy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unless you were stopped in traffic a REALLY long time isn't it a minimum trip either way? In my market up to about 1.5 miles is minimum.
The only time I see anything regarding minimum fares is when they add some pennies to your payout and call it "minimum fare supplement" or something like that. This doesn't have that on there nor in their incoherent ramblings do they mention it. I've now sent them 4 messages. Let's see if I actually get a response that addresses the specifics !

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I've seen somewhere that Uber pays time and miles according to their route, not necessarily the route you take. It used to be that if you took a shorter route, you could save the pax a little money but not any more. "Up front Pricing" has destroyed that. No matter whata route you take, the pax pays the same. A trip from Walmart, near Midway to eastern Hyde Park, going through city streets (following Uber's map) is 10.2 miles. Google Maps suggests taking I-55 to US-41, about 15 miles. Uber pays the 10.2 miles. I think if you take the longer way, you get screwed, but if you take the shortest way, that's what Uber pays you. Or so it seems.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I don't see the issue here.
If one ride is 0.6mi or 0.1mi no difference at all. You still get the minimum payment $2.25. Surge multiplier applies to this payment.

Ofcourse if a ride is 0.6mi with heavy rain and especially at this area with traffic and lights can take little longer, so bevausr of the time your payment could be $2.50

So even if it was 3x ride we talk about 75c or so.

Not even worth lose your time about it dealing with support Einsteins

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I've seen somewhere that Uber pays time and miles according to their route, not necessarily the route you take. It used to be that if you took a shorter route, you could save the pax a little money but not any more. "Up front Pricing" has destroyed that. No matter whata route you take, the pax pays the same. A trip from Walmart, near Midway to eastern Hyde Park, going through city streets (following Uber's map) is 10.2 miles. Google Maps suggests taking I-55 to US-41, about 15 miles. Uber pays the 10.2 miles. I think if you take the longer way, you get screwed, but if you take the shortest way, that's what Uber pays you. Or so it seems.
Are you sure? I had a fare where instead taking western all the way( uber's suggestion)from 1000 n to 7600 n, I got creativ ( was a surge of course) and I went I94 to touhy then eventualy to 7600 n western ( ashury). I was paid as uber pay everybody.... miles and time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
So, I don’t know how they could have .1 miles from 28 n franklin to 111 s wacker..... you are right is .6 miles. I had a fare uber reversed it and never got money back so sometimes just let it go..... I do some creative trips myself so I don’t bother anymore for now and then issues ( less than 10$). Move on and you’ll fell much better......look next Wednesday in your bank account and be happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts