Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Let me make the choice if I want to earn more View attachment 48856
Im not even an XL or select driver and it pisses me off. they'll always rearrange words to make it seem what there doing is an awesome thing. The whole point you wanted XL ONLY was to bypass there Slave rates X. You could careless if you ever got an X, you be happy to wait till the next XL request comes in "atleast how I would think if I had an xl car" and its all because there are a lot less x's on the road, cause they know it BS. so now they have to import from there other tiers to get the x pool running again. Soon thell get select. they already do this in other markets, there are LUX,Suv that have to take x . ehhh what ya gonna do SMH

·
Registered
188 Posts
Let me make the choice if I want to earn more View attachment 48856
I did Uber XL. I actually bought a used Odyssey and did pretty good driving for Uber. I have experience being a driver so knowing the strip really well helped me a lot. I got a good job driving and ended up selling the Uber Van. Was very sad I did because it was a great car but didn't need it just sitting around. Turned out my new job didn't work out and now I couldn't Uber because I sold the van.

Here's my point about the change. I was going to buy another van or suv to do Uber again, but since they made this change I will not do that now. A true XL vehicle has more costs than driving an X vehicle. Your basically giving people free rides in an XL vehicle at an X rate. Under the rates before the last price cut, I got 18 dollars driving 20 something miles one way from Caesars, a drunk guy who's sister had to get an Uber for him because he didn't have money (no tip obviously) Today you'd probably make 13 or so dollars. Then 20 miles back. It's not worth it, plus gas was like 210 a gallon then.

Sorry about the rant but this is just wrong. I feel for you guys and gals being forced to work for basically free. So much for being an independent contractor. Good luck!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Im not even an XL or select driver and it pisses me off. they'll always rearrange words to make it seem what there doing is an awesome thing. The whole point you wanted XL ONLY was to bypass there Slave rates X. You could careless if you ever got an X, you be happy to wait till the next XL request comes in "atleast how I would think if I had an xl car" and its all because there are a lot less x's on the road, cause they know it BS. so now they have to import from there other tiers to get the x pool running again. Soon thell get select. they already do this in other markets, there are LUX,Suv that have to take x . ehhh what ya gonna do SMH
Luxury SUV'S doing Uber X fares? Ouch, that's not cool.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I did Uber XL. I actually bought a used Odyssey and did pretty good driving for Uber. I have experience being a driver so knowing the strip really well helped me a lot. I got a good job driving and ended up selling the Uber Van. Was very sad I did because it was a great car but didn't need it just sitting around. Turned out my new job didn't work out and now I couldn't Uber because I sold the van.

Here's my point about the change. I was going to buy another van or suv to do Uber again, but since they made this change I will not do that now. A true XL vehicle has more costs than driving an X vehicle. Your basically giving people free rides in an XL vehicle at an X rate. Under the rates before the last price cut, I got 18 dollars driving 20 something miles one way from Caesars, a drunk guy who's sister had to get an Uber for him because he didn't have money (no tip obviously) Today you'd probably make 13 or so dollars. Then 20 miles back. It's not worth it, plus gas was like 210 a gallon then.

Sorry about the rant but this is just wrong. I feel for you guys and gals being forced to work for basically free. So much for being an independent contractor. Good luck!
OMG. We need more of U posting this authentic material messaging Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Why would they do that? Uber makes more when it surging. It's something else I believe but not sure why. I'm guessing they are losing X Drivers.
Old school economics. Marginal propensity to zero. Look it up. Uber now has enough drivers that they feel will put the dagger into the taxi cab industry.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Old school economics. Marginal propensity to zero. Look it up. Uber now has enough drivers that they feel will put the dagger into the taxi cab industry.
I found marginal propensity to consume but not marginal propensity to zero. You have me confused Mel.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts