Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a pool pickup at 1301 n state. Before I pick him up a 2nd rider is added. Pickup is 488-498 n lakeshore Dr. Of course I'm not gonna pick up there because there is nowhere to stop. So turn on grand and left onto the side street. Of course the rider is nowhere to be found. Send a text, eventually she comes running up.

Now the app freezes and won't let me start her trip. I ask her where she's going, she says 1147 s Wabash. Eventually while on lakeshore I'm able to start her trip and it shows her drop-off point at Michigan and Roosevelt and above that it's says "Express-Pool". It did not say that when I accepted the initial passenger. I suspect what they did is merge a pool with express pool as the initial passengers pickup and drop-off were very specific addresses .

Here's the issues... If Uber is gonna pull this crap they need to fix the drop-off points. Stopping on lakeshore Dr there just south of grand is 100 percent illegal and dangerous. And dropping off at Michigan and Roosevelt is also dangerous. The map suggested I drop her off at that corner and magically make a u-turn to head back east on Roosevelt to jump on lsd south. Smh. Express Pool fail. I don't mind the concept of express pool but the pickup and drop-offs need to be in legal and safe spaces and the passengers need to be ready. She had well over 5 minutes to be ready and she wasn't.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Oh damn, that decency thing of mine. How do you abbreviate Crystal? Cry? Hmmpf.
Seems derisive--but kinda cool.

Now, I acknowledge I am no one.
Here, or anywhere, online or off.
A man of no consequence
--hell bent on rambling---a simple fool.

I'm more akin to the annoying brotha who stands in the doorway of the Walgreens on Division
Bumming for loose squares and spare change.

But I am standing in the breezeway and

Kin I ask you a question? (DA THREE~!)

1. How do you feel about surges?
2. Airport Runs?
3. Driver cancelations?

And for good measure--WHo the blank was your kindergarten teacher?

Eh, Cry?

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Had a pool pickup at 1301 n state. Before I pick him up a 2nd rider is added. Pickup is 488-498 n lakeshore Dr. Of course I'm not gonna pick up there because there is nowhere to stop. So turn on grand and left onto the side street. Of course the rider is nowhere to be found. Send a text, eventually she comes running up.

Now the app freezes and won't let me start her trip. I ask her where she's going, she says 1147 s Wabash. Eventually while on lakeshore I'm able to start her trip and it shows her drop-off point at Michigan and Roosevelt and above that it's says "Express-Pool". It did not say that when I accepted the initial passenger. I suspect what they did is merge a pool with express pool as the initial passengers pickup and drop-off were very specific addresses .

Here's the issues... If Uber is gonna pull this crap they need to fix the drop-off points. Stopping on lakeshore Dr there just south of grand is 100 percent illegal and dangerous. And dropping off at Michigan and Roosevelt is also dangerous. The map suggested I drop her off at that corner and magically make a u-turn to head back east on Roosevelt to jump on lsd south. Smh. Express Pool fail. I don't mind the concept of express pool but the pickup and drop-offs need to be in legal and safe spaces and the passengers need to be ready. She had well over 5 minutes to be ready and she wasn't.
As my avatar claims, I am about out of the Pool ride business. Select and X, and not too big on chasing Quests anymore, unless it a pretty fat one.

The quest for Quest incentive on a free dinner, (basically that is what it amounts to, to me) are the cause of me to accept any Pool rides in the past.

The headaches and risk/reward make it just not worth it toward my goals of making money. My strategies are evolving and changing.

No Poo Pool, and definitely no Express Poo!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Is my plan a detriment to Mom's plan in your eyes?
Nope, Ma like worker ants. She worship at the alter of revenue. BJ had the best read. Just won't be able to get Quest and incentive--or mebbe less so.
if you live without them now--won't hurt ya that bad.

before we get ahead of ourselves THIS is a Market TEST. (again)
The rider behavior has and always will dictate business plan.

If they can't move the meat into the seat--gone gurl.

To the insidious stuff--the master plan.

To fight congestion and abate traffic in Chicago the "move" is to make everyone--damn near everyone--modify behavior and grab hearts and minds into rideshare--on the way to and back from work. PYTs who would otherwise never DREAM of unlocking their door for you but want some spare change to get their nails done and get white boy wasted on Kinzie.

There you have it. No code. EVEN MORE drivers.

Good news is the real push is commuters and commute times. That's where her heart is at.
bad news bears repeating--you know how the pimp lady got YOU jacked on the juice.

The day will come quickly that EP is everything.
Again--if nobody gets killed on Wabash.

We can only hope that this will pass like the other brilliant days of change.

But its about behavior---like the 70s. Hitchhikers of the new age.
One hand in their pocket with a crumpled fiver. (not for tips:(

Psst to Paul.
Blank your mother. Not the real one--the Dominatrix with the high heals in our sack.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
You know where my heart is, Paul. YOU know this. And my condolences. And to show some respect--I'll change the metaphor t0 EVIL DAD. And shows some balance

Don't want anyone to think I'm more misogynistic--than I actually am. Till year end at least.

Won't trigga ya, no more.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why are you still picking up pool? You are hurting yourself and others. We could have nipped this pool long time ago if more drivers had any spines.
Why are you still picking up pool? You are hurting yourself and others. We could have nipped this pool long time ago if more drivers had any spines.
Well several reasons. Uber had just put me in a timeout for ignoring just one request. It was surging 2.0x at 830am. I had the DF set to avoid traffic. 2 dollar incentive in place with it ending fairly soon. I made 27 bucks on the trip plus 4 for incentives in 30 minutes. I pick and choose when to take Pool, I would say in this instance I chose wisely.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Nope, Ma like worker ants. She worship at the alter of revenue. BJ had the best read. Just won't be able to get Quest and incentive--or mebbe less so.
if you live without them now--won't hurt ya that bad.

before we get ahead of ourselves THIS is a Market TEST. (again)
The rider behavior has and always will dictate business plan.

If they can't move the meat into the seat--gone gurl.

To the insidious stuff--the master plan.

To fight congestion and abate traffic in Chicago the "move" is to make everyone--damn near everyone--modify behavior and grab hearts and mind into rideshare--on the way to and back from work. PYTs who would otherwise never DREAM of unlocking their door for you but want some spare change to get their nails done and get white boy wasted on Kinzie.

There you have it. No code. EVEN MORE drivers.

Good news is the real push is commuters and commute times. That's where her heart is at.
bad news bears repeating--you know how the pimp lady got YOU jacked on the juice.

The day will come quickly that EP is everything.
Again--if nobody gets killed on Wabash.

We can only hope that this will pass like the other brilliant days of change.

But its about behavior---like the 70s. Hitchhikers of the new age.
One hand in their pocket with a crumpled fiver. (not for tips:(

Psst to Paul.
Blank your mother. Not the real one--the Dominatrix with the high heals in our sack.
How is this a test market now, when BJ said he has done over 50 EP rides dating back to 2017?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
That was a DRIVER test. This is a RIDER test.

hence, the publicity and warm walk-out

maybe we are lost in synaptic semantics

It's a test--if the millennials can't stand it they will think of something else.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts