Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had a no show and they are supposed to pay after 5 minutes right? This person I called and texted numerous times. No answer. I waited probably 20 minutes and this was the new app that you dont confirm arrival it automatically does it so the only thing i could do is hit start drive which i coudlnt do or cancel trip becauuse of rider no show. I thought for sure i was going to get paid on that. Nothing in my pay this week so I emailed uber. They tell me oh you never hit arrived on the app so we cant pay for any cancellation fee and send me the rules o the cancel fee. I emailed back explaining there was no arrive to hit it was already automatically arrived i could only hit start driving. They responded sorry we cant pay you. thats some bs right there. anything I could do about that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I only work 4-8 HRS a week however I had two no shows. Uber can plainly see I was sitting in front of the address, however no pay. I now will hit my begin trip then say customer canceled.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
yeah this new auto arrive crap sucks for a no show. seems like there is no counter now , i even had a pax cancel 11min after ping and the csr argue with me i was 5 min late on the eta, mother f'er you have a bloody auto arrive!!! now i try to beat the auto arrive and hit the button myself. you can do it by sliding the screen upward.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
yeah this new auto arrive crap sucks for a no show. seems like there is no counter now , i even had a pax cancel 11min after ping and the csr argue with me i was 5 min late on the eta, mother f'er you have a bloody auto arrive!!! now i try to beat the auto arrive and hit the button myself. you can do it by sliding the screen upward.
thank you...I almost had to drive inside South Coast Plaza, blues bros style, the other day to try to convince the app I was there

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dunno wtf uber does but they are seeming to violate their own terms. i had another no show last night that never cancelled. i called and they said they dont need me. so since last time i got screwed because the idiots at CS said i didnt hit arrive (which ther eis no more arrive to hit) i just started the trip so i at least get something. i did get $5 for the min fare but i emaile din explaining the situation. and they just emailed me their terms which they dont follow and said since you started the trip there is no cancel fee. so wtf are we supposed to do here? i guess ill try next time just waiting the 5 min after i arrive and then hit rider no show to see if they are going to screw me again.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I have recived all my no show fees. It seems once you arrive and if you get there early, wait for the timer to go to zero, then it will go to five mins and count down again. I believe you need to get there by the estimated time givin to pax.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Also the timer seems to be sticking, click on the rider name and timer will update if it has been sitting at 2 mins for longer then expected.
I have recived all my no show fees. It seems once you arrive and if you get there early, wait for the timer to go to zero, then it will go to five mins and count down again. I believe you need to get there by the estimated time givin to pax.
so

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm not getting paid for mine either. In the last case (bout a 1/2 hr ago), rider cancelled on his end but uber didn't relay that to me. So after 6 mins, I cancelled rider no show. Checked trip history, he cancelled already. Sitting there for nothing! Needless to say, uber can suck it tonight cause I ain't drivin!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I didn't get it either. I purposely wait 6 minutes before cancelling. I even try calling them and texting them warning them I'm going to cancel.

Reactions: Emp9

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the same thing.

Went to Trip Summary/Problem With Rider. Typed in drove 7 minutes & waited 5 - Rider should be charged for a no-show. Got paid an hour later.

I start my 5 minute clock from the "rider notified" auto arrival message.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The estimated time of arrival is just that, an estimate. It has zero affect on anything really as it cannot take into account every possible factor that could slow a driver down.

Today I did not receive a no-show fee and the app had already confirmed me as "arrived" and said "waiting on rider". I waited for 10 minutes ONLY because it was my second to last ride for a guarantee. I even text the pax and nothing. Wrote to Uber and they fixed it in under 30 minutes thankfully.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts