Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I went to Uber Auckland office today get myself activated. I asked the support staff to create me two separate vehicle profiles for UberX and UberEats. Although, they have created two profiles, one for UberEats only and the other one is for UberX and UberEats combined.

The thing is that I only want UberX requests when driving some days and only UberEats request when driving other days. When I insisted, they told me that currently, they do not have an option for separate UberX and UberEats profiles and if I want to drive UberX only, I will have to opt out of UberEats completely.

I have seen many people in this forum talking about that they have completely sperate profiles for UberX and UberEats? Does the rule differ with countries? or Is this the case where Uber Auckland staff do not know how to do it and I have to call or email Uber help directly?

Regards

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Check under your account and then vehicle options, there should be an option to opt in or out if eats si you can choose what you want to do, but if you opt in for eats I believe you will get x and eats pings.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I agree with Cableguynoe that said I have 2 separate accounts x only and Eats only I've just never selected Eats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opt out of eats completely. It's garbage
Last night, I did eats for the first time for 1.5 hrs. made $30 for 4 short trips. How does that compare on the scale? It seemed that Uber deducted only 10% on each trip as "Uber fees". Is this the norm? because what I have read on the internet that they deduct about 35% for UberEats.

I agree with Cableguynoe that said I have 2 separate accounts x only and Eats only I've just never selected Eats.
How do you do that? Greenlight hub told me that they don't have "UberX only" option if I also want to opt in for UberEats.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Last night, I did eats for the first time for 1.5 hrs. made $30 for 4 short trips. How does that compare on the scale? It seemed that Uber deducted only 10% on each trip as "Uber fees". Is this the norm? because what I have read on the internet that they deduct about 35% for UberEats.
If you can consistently make that, then it's not too bad.
But most eventually experience with Uber eats:
Long waits for food at restaurant
Missing food, so you have to go back

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, It will probably catch up on me. The fun thing about last night was that all of the orders were from the same restaurant. There was an ample parking space and orders were ready whenever I got there. I probably will stay near that restaurant. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Why would you go back for missing food? That's between Uber, the restaurant, and the customer.
When I drop off food I immediately leave sight of their house or business. I'm not going back because McDonalds forgot their barbecue sauce.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
Why would you go back for missing food? That's between Uber, the restaurant, and the customer.
When I drop off food I immediately leave sight of their house or business. I'm not going back because McDonalds forgot their barbecue sauce.
I believe pax has a right to inspect before you bolt. Say it was supposed to be 2 bags and they only gave you one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe pax has a right to inspect before you bolt. Say it was supposed to be 2 bags and they only gave you one.
That's why you verify the order on your phone at the restaurant.
Make sure you have everything that is listed on your order. ( just your vague order. The restaurant has a much more detailed list of items. )
Never seen an order that says how many bags it would be in, or how much it would weigh.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts