Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a weird night. Started by dropping off a customer at midway at 5 pm. I went to the waiting lot. One ping after another uber pool. I don't accept them. After 7 uber pool request in a row I'm like whatever and took one uber pool ride not to hurt my acceptance rate anymore. Customer gets in and says to me what is uber pool? It was the only option uber x was disabled. So uber xl and pool were the only 2 options.

Uber is forcing us to accept pool rides by disabling uber x. Took him downtown picked up another ride to ohare. Now before I even made it to the waiting lot at ohare I got a ping uber pool again!!

I asked this customer if uber x was an option he said no. We cancelled the trip while he was in my car. Then he requested a new trip and I seen his phone while at the airport uber x is being disabled.

I emailed uber and yet to hear back. What a joke!!!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yesterday was a weird night. Started by dropping off a customer at midway at 5 pm. I went to the waiting lot. One ping after another uber pool. I don't accept them. After 7 uber pool request in a row I'm like whatever and took one uber pool ride not to hurt my acceptance rate anymore. Customer gets in and says to me what is uber pool? It was the only option uber x was disabled. So uber xl and pool were the only 2 options.

Uber is forcing us to accept pool rides by disabling uber x. Took him downtown picked up another ride to ohare. Now before I even made it to the waiting lot at ohare I got a ping uber pool again!!

I asked this customer if uber x was an option he said no. We cancelled the trip while he was in my car. Then he requested a new trip and I seen his phone while at the airport uber x is being disabled.

I emailed uber and yet to hear back. What a joke!!!!
Next time, tell the customer to select 4 riders? Can't pick pool if you have over 2 passengers...

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
It's still available, just hard to find. I've had 3 different riders try to go to the airport on pool this week, all of them canceled and I showed them how to order x. With the way security lines are nobody wants to risk a worst case scenario on pool.

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
I really don't get uber.

First, they took away taxi option.
Second, they block uberx / trick you in selecting pool.

Way to go uber.. Giving clients more transportation and superior service. Nowadays taxis and bus seem like a step up from uberx.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it was super weird. Me and the rider confirmed it. I even logged into the pax app uber x was not even an option. Uber is pushing uber pool. I emailed support still no response. No more airport runs. Wasted my time and money.

·
Premium Member
3,050 Posts
Yeah it was super weird. Me and the rider confirmed it. I even logged into the pax app uber x was not even an option. Uber is pushing uber pool. I emailed support still no response. No more airport runs. Wasted my time and money.
OK. Someone has GOT TO PROVE this to me! If this is true....what do people who travel in parties of 3 or 4 do? Take a taxi?
I don't see how POOL is the ONLY option. :confused:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
A little off topic, but I had a rider this morning try tell me the tip was automatic because she entered 20% when she signed up. She'd been riding for a year thinking she was tipping. I've encountered this a few times and it drives me nuts.
Stupid taxi! I'm sure Uber did it on purpose to trick people into thinking they were giving tips

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
There are more corrupt businesses that uber. I know this is hard for everyone to believe I always watch TV crime. The reality shows. American Greed crime watch Forensic Files. What went wrong.

I'm still disgusted by the locations uber delivers food from. None of those investors would eat food from the alley let alone eat something that came from someone's car

None of the investors would ever eat over lunch from the parking garage an alley or even someone's car but they'll let people pay for food at an increased risk contamination.

Yeah poo from an airport to an airport is a very bad idea. Airlines lose luggage all the time. Imagine someone in a rush grabbing the other Riders luggage.

Don't you dare call me to fix that.

I've never waited in line at the airport for a trip. However and like near Oak Park I believe it was Elmwood Park I get a request and it's at O'Hare. 10 miles from the airport and I'm the closest driver.

It went smoothly though talk to the guy on the phone got our p's and q's together and in order and everything went well

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yeah most pax are unaware of this. It was a selection for pool/x but they have to take 3+ seats for x.

Sorta unrelated but they keep sending me xl requests. I can only fit up to four, buti don't say no to money, and didn't notice til I pulled up. Thought I accepted a pool when six women came out. They kept flirting, and tipped. Too bad it was not just 1 woman, could have worked on a date, maybe later tonight tho ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.