Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading countless posts on this forum I have a question and an opinion.

Who is Uber (The Company) more interested in? Rider or Driver?

The obvious answer is they want and need both. But is that really true?

“The Company” (worth billions of dollars) was created with the sole goal to succeed by getting Riders!

Drivers are actually a distant second in the equation.

In fact they are not even second but maybe in tenth place in the Company’s needs. How could that possibly be, you say?

No Drivers.....no Riders! Right?

Think of it this way. I have a product that a lot of people want and need and I will sell it to them for very little money. They will line up to buy it from me.

They want my product and they don’t care who hands it over to them. In fact they have no idea that I have a bottomless supply of people to hand this product over to them. I will never run out of these people.

Ah! But you are saying that once people know that Drivers are overlooked in this equation that Uber will no longer be able to recruit them?

Does the public stop buying Powerball tickets because they know the odds of winning are beyond remote?

Drivers will never rise to the level of Riders with Uber. They can’t!

If they did The Company would cease to exist in its current form.

Dan

·
Registered
742 Posts
Uber needs both riders and drivers.
It's about demand and supply.
Due to Uber's unnecessary rates cut, many of the professional and part timers drivers have stopped driving for Uber and keep dropping Uber as a primarily income job, putting Uber in a continuous hiring need for drivers.
In some markets drivers over saturation reveal clearly the Uber's fear of everyday loosing drivers.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Uber needs both riders and drivers.
It's a bout demands and supply.
Due to Uber's unnecessary rates cut, many of the professional and part timers drivers have stopped driving for Uber and keep dropping Uber as a primarily income job, putting Uber in a continuous hiring need for drivers.
In some markets drivers over saturation reveal clearly the Uber's fear of everyday loosing drivers.
True, but don't forget the bottom line is revenue. The drivers are more or less agents who bring in the bacon so-to-speak.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an ecosystem. They need customers first, drivers second. Ride demand dictates the need for drivers.
Actually no. What they need second and third and fourth etc. is even more Riders.

And the way to obtain more Riders is to continually increase the benefits that Riders receive.

Dan

·
Registered
742 Posts
True, but don't forget the bottom line is revenue. The drivers are more or less agents who bring in the bacon so-to-speak.
Uber is careless about drivers income, Uber just care about drivers on stand by easy to pick up and drop off. Drivers over saturation will make the job for Uber but it will decrease the drivers income.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Uber is careless about drivers income, Uber just care about drivers on stand by easy to pick up and drop off. Drivers over saturation will make the job for Uber but it will decrease the drivers income.
The company is so young and has grown so fast. Going through a lot of "growing pains" so to speak.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Currently there appears to be an endless supply of drivers in most of the markets. In reviewing the boards (not necessarily an accurate representation) I tend to see over saturation of drivers to passengers. This is good for Uber in the short term. As long as they can keep the market flooded with drivers they can lower rates and entice more passengers. This may not be a long term strategy but it is certainly effective in the short term.

The real question is when will the pyramid collapse....I mean they cannot back fill fast enough with new drivers to replace the disgruntled one. This may take years to sort out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Currently there appears to be an endless supply of drivers in most of the markets. In reviewing the boards (not necessarily an accurate representation) I tend to see over saturation of drivers to passengers. This is good for Uber in the short term. As long as they can keep the market flooded with drivers they can lower rates and entice more passengers. This may not be a long term strategy but it is certainly effective in the short term.

The real question is when will the pyramid collapse....I mean they cannot back fill fast enough with new drivers to replace the disgruntled one. This may take years to sort out.
Laws of supply and demand. Economics 101.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I'm sure when the dust settles and it usually does, there will be more regulations and the FREE ride for us UBER drivers will proably end because of NEW PLATE LAWS, INSURANCE LAWS, TAX LAWS, You wait it's coming. Then the question will be who will stick around and drive illegaly or who wants to spend $$$$$ and stay with a company that takes 20% of everything. If they include the tip option, look out they will probably be added to your wages and 20% of that will go too. My advice right now is enjoy the experience now. You will probably want to work for a cab company with benefits after all of this.

I hope it won't happen, then again it's NJ I'm talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts