Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new guy here, although I have been a lurker for a while. Some real good info here.

When I accept a rider request, the app usually zooms in to where I am and follows and shows, step by step, which way to go as I follow the thin blue line. This morning, however, it simply showed the line. It didn't zoom in or have step by step; I had to manually zoom in and move the map, continually, as I picked up the rider, and dropped him off. No written directions, it didn't follow me, nothing, no automation at all. And sometimes it just skipped to the destination point. I had to keep moving the map and zooming so I could see the next turning points, all while driving. It was like that ALL morning. I resorted to my Note 3...which took its time to realize where I actually was. I stopped, because I didn't want to risk a sub 5☆. (I got all 5 stars though ☺) I did go to settings and I also restarted the iphone, but nothing happened. Suggestions?

As a side note, whenever I accept a ride, I am never able to move the map until I drop off the pax or cancel. Is this supposed to happen?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi, new guy here, although I have been a lurker for a while. Some real good info here.

When I accept a rider request, the app usually zooms in to where I am and follows and shows, step by step, which way to go as I follow the thin blue line. This morning, however, it simply showed the line. It didn't zoom in or have step by step; I had to manually zoom in and move the map, continually, as I picked up the rider, and dropped him off. No written directions, it didn't follow me, nothing, no automation at all. And sometimes it just skipped to the destination point. I had to keep moving the map and zooming so I could see the next turning points, all while driving. It was like that ALL morning. I resorted to my Note 3...which took its time to realize where I actually was. I stopped, because I didn't want to risk a sub 5☆. (I got all 5 stars though ☺) I did go to settings and I also restarted the iphone, but nothing happened. Suggestions?

As a side note, whenever I accept a ride, I am never able to move the map until I drop off the pax or cancel. Is this supposed to happen?
Exit out of the app and everything should work fine when you re-open. It won't cancel the tide of you exit and re-open. On a real note though, you should use google maps. So much easier to read and understand

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exit out of the app and everything should work fine when you re-open. It won't cancel the tide of you exit and re-open. On a real note though, you should use google maps. So much easier to read and understand
Gotcha, I'll give it a shot in the morning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts