Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped at the junction of Russel Street and bow Street in Coventry garden last night for a ciggy break, and boy I counted about 6 uber drivers driving the wrong way on a ONE-way Street.
Am sure waze will not drive u that way.
It must be the Uber maps.

If you're using the Uber maps be careful to avoid causing injury to other road users. What do you guys think

·
Premium Member
6,526 Posts
Stopped at the junction of Russel Street and bow Street in Coventry garden last night for a ciggy break, and boy I counted about 6 uber drivers driving the wrong way on a ONE-way Street.

If you're using the Uber maps be careful to avoid causing injury to other road users. What do you guys think
Lol they have their satnavs set to walk .

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Cat eats well then shares her brown gravy.

Catherine
Exeter
Wellington
Tavistock
Southampton
Henrietta
Bedford
Garrick

South to north out of Covent Garden you'll never get lost again.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
The Android version of Uber Map has the same problem of directing driver opposite one way system. The Uber Map needs update ASAP. Meanwhile, drivers should read the route uber map wants to take initially, then use waze all thru.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
Yesterday around 5-ish in the afternoon had 2 arabic guys from gloucester rd station to piccadilly circus. Waze suggested all the way through hyde park, north carriage drive, down park lane... and then I didn't even looked further. Waze - 22 min, KoL - 13 min

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
To be fair why anyone would use a map endorsed by uber is beyond me. They had an ad last year of a car driving up brook st towards Grosvenor square. I'll see if I can find the pic.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts

Especially in Coventry garden.... :)

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Yesterday around 5-ish in the afternoon had 2 arabic guys from gloucester rd station to piccadilly circus. Waze suggested all the way through hyde park, north carriage drive, down park lane... and then I didn't even looked further. Waze - 22 min, KoL - 13 min
No dispute nothing beats kol in central or going out of central.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts

Waze is just as bad.as it was trying to take me oneway too, i use google maps, alot better

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Cat eats well then shares her brown gravy.

Catherine
Exeter
Wellington
Tavistock
Southampton
Henrietta
Bedford
Garrick

South to north out of Covent Garden you'll never get lost again.
You could be responsible for carnage with that post. They're the roads they use but not necessarily in that order.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
The Android version of Uber Map has the same problem of directing driver opposite one way system. The Uber Map needs update ASAP. Meanwhile, drivers should read the route uber map wants to take initially, then use waze all thru.
Uber doesn't have its navigation maps in Android, it relies on google maps or waze. It just give you reference where u need to go and rest is when u press that navigate button on top right corner and it loads up the navigation app you set in settings.

Waze is just as bad.as it was trying to take me oneway too, i use google maps, alot better
Google maps is way better then waze. Waze takes you back roads even there is no traffic on main roads and you endup having a navigation issue from rider :p

1 - 20 of 51 Posts