Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a car full of wedding guests and the Uber rider accidentally hit cancel. I had to go through a lot of requests to get her hooked back up. It kinds violates the laws of hospitality to throw them all out of the car because of an accidental cancel. I am not sure how Uber will punish me for dissing all those other riders.

This is a complex request, as the drive needs a way to be semi-offline and the cancel needs a way to reconnect. Perhaps the Driver/Partner app could have an 'accept only recent cancel' button to make them online only for a specific prior cancel id for a few minutes.

You are never done improving an app, and there is always room at the top for improvement.

·
Premium Member
59,654 Posts
I had a car full of wedding guests and the Uber rider accidentally hit cancel. I had to go through a lot of requests to get her hooked back up. It kinds violates the laws of hospitality to throw them all out of the car because of an accidental cancel. I am not sure how Uber will punish me for dissing all those other riders.

This is a complex request, as the drive needs a way to be semi-offline and the cancel needs a way to reconnect. Perhaps the Driver/Partner app could have an 'accept only recent cancel' button to make them online only for a specific prior cancel id for a few minutes.

You are never done improving an app, and there is always room at the top for improvement.
Do you really think it was an " accident " ?

They conned you into a free ride.

·
Registered
958 Posts
After you kicked your riders out (in a safe spot), immediately contact support. They have all your drive data and will pay you for the service you provided. I'm not 100% sure they have your drive data while you're offline but I know for sure they trace you from the ping request.

·
Premium Member
59,654 Posts
The cancellation wasn't an accident. They were taking advantage of you because you're old. I bet it was surging and they wanted a lower rate.

This happened to me only once and I kicked the passenger out.
AGE DESCRIMINATION !
LoL
be nice to us old folks.

·
Premium Member
59,654 Posts

Wish them luck on their next 6 weddings,since they are cheaters.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, just neophyte, tired, partially inebriated users, like many of our patrons. We all like undo buttons. It's a computer.

At least, the cancel might have a verify screen for them! They were just trying to adjust the first destination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts