Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brett Shipp has uber/lyft in his cross hair's.
He is a pretty good investigative reporter and is probably going to bend them over tonight.

If you are out driving you can watch on the WFAA app...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taxi/limos prob paid him a lot of money to do this piece
Probably has to do with the uptown girl left paralyzed. Apparently the driver was driving on some other dudes app/account, no insurance and a history of drug arrests. ..

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Shipp was imitating his best code officer...where is your permit; car after car with no permits; some with no registration...
Email from uber support saying to a driver no permit needed ; get back to driving :)
Looks like this could cull the pond! :)
....tomorrow's report is more about 'security' .. 'who is actually driving you'

... also, a Facebook live after tonight's broadcast

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You can watch the Facebook live replay at wfaa facebook page;
Shipp seems to have done his homework; knows the nuances of city rules; insurance, uber policy, etc.
He tried to get Uber and City to comment on his report prior...no one would talk to him.

the one thing that baffles me is his saying their is no code enforcement; i see 2-4 of those guys writing tickets
... shipp had one passenger refuse to get in an Uber due to no permit, next Uber : no sticker; next Lyft no sticker...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Reposting from other thread..

I feel like there is a very obvious solution that both companies could easily get on board with given their technology.

Have us upload our documents.

No permits, no Dallas pings. No airport queue admittance. No pass, no play.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You can watch the Facebook live replay at wfaa facebook page;
Shipp seems to have done his homework; knows the nuances of city rules; insurance, uber policy, etc.
He tried to get Uber and City to comment on his report prior...no one would talk to him.

the one thing that baffles me is his saying their is no code enforcement; i see 2-4 of those guys writing tickets
... shipp had one passenger refuse to get in an Uber due to no permit, next Uber : no sticker; next Lyft no sticker...
I have my city permit, my airport permit, my rideshare license, my rideshare insurance...but are we required to have an actual Uber logo in our window here in Dallas? I didn't realize the actual logo was a requirement. I have never had anyone call me out on it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uber knows I have no airport permit to pickup yet constantly texts me and has even pinged me to pickup at Dfw...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reposting from other thread..

I feel like there is a very obvious solution that both companies could easily get on board with given their technology.

Have us upload our documents.

No permits, no Dallas pings. No airport queue admittance. No pass, no play.
They don't care about permits..

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have my city permit, my airport permit, my rideshare license, my rideshare insurance...but are we required to have an actual Uber logo in our window here in Dallas? I didn't realize the actual logo was a requirement. I have never had anyone call me out on it.
My understanding is it IS NOT required here. If it is, this will be news for me.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Not in DFW area as far as I know; not sure what a that does as anyone could put those up
... the car, driver name / pic, license plate are the real checks

·
Registered
216 Posts
So, this report is all about the nastiness of the drivers -- nothing about what is happening to them economically? As usual, the concern is that you can catch a disease from slaves, and nothing about what made the slaves sick.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
So, this report is all about the nastiness of the drivers -- nothing about what is happening to them economically? As usual, the concern is that you can catch a disease from slaves, and nothing about what made the slaves sick.
I would love to see one investigative report about the difference between upfront pricing and what the driver gets. Some pax would go ballistic if they realized they were paying 20% more than they had to.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So, the battle begins. The money has put in their two cents. YOU still have access to the passengers ears. Tell them the facts!

1 - 20 of 75 Posts