Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,946 Posts
This article is a bit dated, Jan. 29, 2015. There's been a number of things that have happened since then that's already impacted us. Getting deactivated on acceptance rates for example.

·
Registered
556 Posts
This article is a bit dated, Jan. 29, 2015. There's been a number of things that have happened since then that's already impacted us. Getting deactivated on acceptance rates for example.
Are you saying Lyft can no longer deactivate us for having a low acceptance rate?

·
Premium Member
3,946 Posts
I think that unless you flat out refuse everything, you'll be okay.

I always refuse pool/line unless it's incentivized.

I do both Uber/Lyft at the same time. I often forget to kill the Lyft app after getting an Uber request. And sure enough, l'll get a Lyft ping. Sometimes several times a day.

All I get is the occasional nasty email from them about Acceptance. I guess I do enough and my rating is high enough that they'd rather keep me then can me.

I try to avoid canceling as much as possible but sometimes you have to. Still, no problem. (I cancel way more Ubers then Lyft.)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that unless you flat out refuse everything, you'll be okay.

I always refuse pool/line unless it's incentivized.

I do both Uber/Lyft at the same time. I often forget to kill the Lyft app after getting an Uber request. And sure enough, l'll get a Lyft ping. Sometimes several times a day.

All I get is the occasional nasty email from them about Acceptance. I guess I do enough and my rating is high enough that they'd rather keep me then can me.

I try to avoid canceling as much as possible but sometimes you have to. Still, no problem. (I cancel way more Ubers then Lyft.)
As much as I appreciate your personal anecdotal testimony, what I asked is about Lyft's legal rights. Your post, which I had quoted, seemed to suggest that Lyft was no longer legally permitted to deactivate a driver for having a low acceptance rate. Is that, in fact, true or not? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is not a legal issue its a policy issue . No lawsuits have been settled and on various boards I still see people *****ing and moaning about being deactivated by Lyft for low acceptance or high cancellation rates. My opinion only is Lyft thinks because they are so much smaller than Uber they can fly under the radar and get away with more crap, Lyft is rolling out the upfront pricing and playing the same game as Uber Quote high pay the driver low profit in the middle. I See allot of posts suggesting you ask the rider on Uber to see the bill at end of ride and send you a screenshot to your email and you tell them you will compare it to your pay and fight to get them a refund from UBER. In reality people are sending it to Uber as fare review demanding full payment. Some are saying they get paid others are saving them for future class action as evidence.

·
Premium Member
3,946 Posts
The Uber lawsuit has not been settled but the Lyft lawsuit has. I've attached a copy of the settlement for your reading pleasure.

I very lightly and very quickly scanned through the first 1/3 of it and said eff it. I didn't see anything on deactivation policy regarding non-acceptance of rides. Esco says he's seen examples of people who were deactivated for non-acceptance and I don't doubt him; I don't normally pay attention as long as I haven't been deactivated. I have included discussions from other cities, one where apparently it's happened and one that supports the theory that they haven't been deactivating for non-acceptance.

I had a decent day money-wise today but I had probably my worst day in forgetting to shut off the second app. I think I missed a minimum of 7 Lyft requests. Minimum, probably more like 9 or 10. I got 3 illegible texts from a 308 area code. No emails yet. And as of 30 seconds ago, I'm still active.

I really believe that both Uber and Lyft are not pursuing non-acceptance of rides because in doing so it supports their position that we are independent contractors. On top of that, as you well know, there's still a caca-load of drivers out there. Missed rides will usually be handled quickly by the next closest driver so the time it takes for a driver to get to a rider is well within their acceptable limits. They are in effect letting sleeping dogs lie.

Look at the warm personal relationship Esco has with Lyft. They haven't canned him either.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2699073-Cotter-v-Lyft-Settlement-Agreement.html

http://www.latimes.com/business/tec...-settlement-approval-20160623-snap-story.html

https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/214218167-Acceptance-Rate

https://uberpeople.net/threads/will-lyft-deactivate-drivers-for-missed-requests.104587/

https://uberpeople.net/threads/is-lyft-lenient-about-declined-ignored-ride-requests.52714/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts