Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber Lot Parker House

2K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  PorkRollUberAndCheese 
#1 ·
What does everyone think of that cluster now? FYI if you decide not to pull into a spot but stop in the middle of the parking lot where no one can get in or out of it, you will be cursed off by a lot of people.

#5 ·
I haven't used the pickup lot yet. I've always managed to find a spot on either Beacon Blvd or Ocean Ave.

I did maybe 4-5 drop offs there this weekend and 3 pickups.

I did have a girl try to tell me at 12:05 AM that Parker House closed and all the cops were gone so just pull in this driveway because she's at her friends house and they won't hassle me.

I had just been there 5 minutes before and it was, of course, crawling with cops and taxis. No way was I pulling in that driveway. I found a spot on Beacon near it though and picked her up.

Just gotta look out for ourselves, never let the rider judge the risk of a situation. They will always put you at risk because it's no risk to them.

#11 ·
Can you imagine spending probably close to a million on a house and it happened to be one of the houses directly across from Parker. Lol think about it, must really suck, no privacy or seclusion, random cars pulling into your driveway all night and day, constant hords of drunks constantly right in your front yard, the noise from the live bands, an army of rent a cops having to be stationed right outside your house. I'm willing to bet those homes are so devalued. But on the upside your within walking distance of one of the hottest shore bar destination.

and yea I agree with porkroll, I wouldn't even park in one of the legal parking spaces on Beacon to pick up or drop off.

#14 ·
Yes. Part of the reason Parker is such a kill zone in the past was because of residential complaints. The rule is basically get as far away from houses if you can.

I did see cops telling people who were parked legally that if they were an Uber, go to the lot.
Just as PorkRoll said...
As I was waiting for my PAX in the Uber lot I heard a cop standing at the corner of Beacon and Ocean telling another driver that he needed to get out of the parking spot on Ocean and go into the lot.

#24 ·
The lot by the boardwalk is key to no hassle pickups. The police no low/no tolerance otherwise. I watched 2 potential female passengers get arrested in front of the house on the corner of Beacon & Ocean; they each picked a flower, the home owner yelled at them and the police arrested and handcuffed them for criminal mischief. Had to take their boyfriends to the police station to bail them out. I'll only drop off before if there is an open parking space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.