Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
276 Posts
This is total ****ing nonsense. You don't lose money when you are getting hundreds of millions in investment and you are building out a massive infrastructure. It's called start up costs and Uber is a start up.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
Free rides for new riders, referral fees for new drivers, guaranteed fares per hour, etc, etc... that's a lot of expenses before we even start talking about operational costs.

Uber's biggest problem is it is struggling to retain riders and drivers. While the growth of new riders and drivers exceeds the ones that finally throw Uber to the curb, because of all the "free" stuff new riders and drivers get, investors aren't privy to just how much existing riders and drivers want Uber to be better.... leaving a HUGE opportunity for other companies to come in a do it right, just like Apple and Samsung did to Blackberry. Until Uber can prove it can retain riders and drivers, this is not a long term investment and may end up being the biggest flash in the pan ever.

·
Banned
276 Posts
They are not having trouble retaining riders. When was the last time you had an Uber rider that didn't all but spluge in your car about how much they love Uber? What they are doing is alienating drivers with all their BS manipulations and yes, giving away too much in discounts when they need to be better capitalizing on their strong brand recognition. It's mind boggling really to see how they operate.

·
Banned
276 Posts
There are rarely surges in Austin except maybe late night dtown or special events. I have no knowledge of non-english speaking Uber drivers but I have to believe it is better than the cab experiences I've had. Further, that's actually one of the beauties of the technology behind Uber. You aren't necessarily relying on the driver to get it right when it's all gps based and you as a customer have so much visibility and control in the process.

But I hear you....people are always going to find something they don't like. Yet....they still prefer Uber to a cab 9 times out of 10. Interesting....

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
How do you lose money when you have no investment in the core service? Our cars, gas, time, etc. They don't even have offices, or many employee's in the majority of markets.

·
Banned
276 Posts
How do you lose money when you have no investment in the core service? Our cars, gas, time, etc. They don't even have offices, or many employee's in the majority of markets.
Lawyers dude.....LOTS of lawyers. Which just seems kinda fishy you know....that your entire business model is built on lawyers doing your dirty work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts