Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Font Number Rectangle Screenshot

So this has been on the app for months.

Im no mathematical genius, however if the average is always higher, why are the earnings never getting better?

Why is it EVERY SINGLE HOUR OF THE DAY are always higher then average?

Why did Uber stop posting average earnings numbers? Was it because it was proof the average earnings where not rising?

Lies!

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
2 different accounts same location.
They are basically just paying whatever they feel like!
View attachment 657739

View attachment 657740
Oh wow, these are the same request? Wonder what trips the algorithm to raise the fare? Does the sccount w/the lower fare have a higher acceptance rate and do more rides? Mine have been coming in at around between $2 & $3 per mile lately. I have a 4% ar.

·
Premium Member
4,021 Posts
Why is it EVERY SINGLE HOUR OF THE DAY are always higher then average?

Why did Uber stop posting average earnings numbers? Was it because it was proof the average earnings where not rising?

With the catalog of data that Uber has and a team of "data scientists"
They can find the data to back up their claims.

I'm more intrigued by the two offers you posted.

We're you with the person when they got that request? That's crazy. How do they justify that?

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the catalog of data that Uber has and a team of "data scientists"
They can find the data to back up their claims.

I'm more intrigued by the two offers you posted.

We're you with the person when they got that request? That's crazy. How do they justify that?
Right next to them. We where comparing prices as they came through.

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe I'll get @Guido-TheKillerPimp to come over and compare things, um i mean Pings.
Hey now wait a minute...

You two just need to go back to that fishing thread of @Guido-TheKillerPimp and compare "things" all you want over there. I already have enough luggage I don't need to carry herpes with me forever as well.

But I might entertain a video or two!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not basically, they ARE paying whatever they feel like.

That's the purpose of eliminating rate cards.
Uber is a market maker. They collect ride requests from the rider market and give them a price. Then send requests to the driver market to see who will accept at a lower price. They keep the difference. If they can't find a driver at a lower price, they may raise the price and iterate until they find a taker. The best thing to do is decline any request that doesn't meet a minimum equivalent hourly rate threshold. Mine is $30. For example, the requests above take about 20 minutes, they offer 6.50, so equivalent hourly rate is $19.50. I would decline. Nothing funny going on here, Uber is just trying to maximize their revenue based on driver price elasticity.

·
Registered
10,005 Posts
2 different accounts same location.
They are basically just paying whatever they feel like!
It's well-known that Uber tailors prices to its pax according to what they calculate each pax is willing to pay, based on how much they were willing to pay in the past and other factors. So it's entirely reasonable to believe that they do the same with drivers and tailor each pay offer to each driver based on what Uber thinks the driver will accept.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts