Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(I know. NO SHOCK to anyone here, right?) o_O

I decided to do an experiment....since lots of people were afraid to low-rate their pax in fear of retaliatory ratings from their pax if they 'checked their rating'.

There is someone I know that I gave a ride to recently. This pax has a perfect 5* rating. I give this pax 5* every time they ride with me.

I told this pax that I was going to email uber to change one of the perfect 5* ratings to 4 stars. I then asked this pax to check their rating immediately after I got this response from them:

"We've reviewed your request and adjusted your rider rating to 4."

I asked the pax to check their rating again. Both immediately after and also again today, OVER 96 hrs later.

It's STILL a perfect 5*!

So, either one of these must be true. Which is it?

1. Uber lied to me and didn't actually change the pax rating. -OR-
  2. Ratings we give pax are worthless ALL the time. CONFIRMED!
(Anyone who isn't from Chicago who reads this....we AREN'T ALLOWED to see our rider's ratings...and now, because of this experiment....it seems all the ratings we've been giving them....don't do a THING to their rating....so if they go to another city where ratings are seen....Chicago rides don't count at all) :mad:

·
Registered
212 Posts

I decided to do an experiment....since lots of people were afraid to low-rate their pax in fear of retaliatory ratings from their pax if they 'checked their rating'.

OK. It's been over 24 hrs now....so the experiment isn't quite over yet....
but for the results I was looking for, it is.

There is someone I know that I gave a ride to recently. This pax has a perfect 5* rating. I give this pax 5* every time they ride with me.

I told this pax that I was going to email uber to change one of the perfect 5* ratings to 4 stars. I then asked this pax to check their rating immediately after I got this response from them:

I asked the pax to check their rating again. Both immediately after and also again today, OVER 24 hrs later.

It's STILL a perfect 5*!

2. Ratings we give pax are worthless ALL the time.
Unless the pax ratings don't change until the end of the week?

Theories, anyone? :(

(Anyone who isn't from Chicago who reads this....we AREN'T ALLOWED to see our rider's ratings...and now, because of this experiment....it seems all the ratings we've been giving them....don't do a THING to their rating....so if they go to another city where ratings are seen....Chicago rides don't count at all) :mad:
Seriously, who the f cares? We can't see their ratings anyways. What does it matter

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
They won't take out the rider rating, as much as I think that's a great idea.
They won't do it because it keeps us from logging off rite away and avoiding an unwanted ping that we either accept or miss the guarantee because of.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I truly don't know nor do I care because I use a slightly different rating system than Uber prescribes to rate passengers.
1. 5 stars
2. Get out!
That being said prior to becoming a driver I also thought the tip was included and felt like an ******* for stiffing all those drivers but upon realizing my error I now always tip and am always pleasant with the driver. Prior to becoming a driver my passenger rating was 4.9 and now my rating is 4.7! Hell on New Year's after about a thirty hour binge the lady that brought me home couldn't figure out how to switch to waze and I really just wanted to go to bed but sat in front of my house for a half hour with her downloaded waze, showed her how to change it in the driver app and answered various other question that Uber should have done in the beginning. So go figure. The rating system is ridiculous and should be shit canned for passengers and drivers alike. As drivers we can decide when to terminate the ride and Uber can decide when deactivate is based off verified complaints by customers verified being the key. I have a dash cam so the proof is in the video!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I have another experiment I think we should try and send a message to them in mass data.
Since rating the rider is useless, rate the ride instead. Any number of things could impact the rating. A ride that helps you hit a good guarantee gets 5. A hour ride in gridlock 1 star. Takes you an area want gets more stars, dead zone fewer stars.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has been confirmed! Chicago area drivers' ratings of riders are worthless!

Give 'em 5 stars, give 'em 1 star...... It won't affect their ratings one bit!

And don't bother emailing the CSRs to ask them if this is true or not.

They will lie repeatedly even when you show them proof otherwise. :mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't drive for Uber if you don't like it. Put your money where your mouth is.
And you are the problem heh. Pretty much all of us like the "premise" of uber/lyft itself, or we wouldn't still be here. The issue is the little BS they both(particularly uber) keep trying to pull with rate cuts, ratings, deactivation threats, etc. Some of us have goofy work schedules and can't do pizza delivery, so we are stuck with this in the evenings as our only option due to needing extra money.

·
Premium Member
4,280 Posts
I'm not so sure about this people.. Everytime I rate someone a 1 or 2 My rating almost ALWAYS takes a hit.. Always..

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not so sure about this people.. Everytime I rate someone a 1 or 2 My rating almost ALWAYS takes a hit.. Always..
It's only because the feeling was mutual. NOT because you rated them 1*! Not here in Chicago anyway! Whatever you rate your rider has NO effect on their rating!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Has anyone gotten any kind of response from Uber Support as to why Pax rating is just blank on our ride requests in Chicago? Figured I would ask them and despite their usual prompt responses on other matters I have not heard anything from them for over 24 hours on this one.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Has anyone gotten any kind of response from Uber Support as to why Pax rating is just blank on our ride requests in Chicago? Figured I would ask them and despite their usual prompt responses on other matters I have not heard anything from them for over 24 hours on this one.
ANY kind of response from Uber you ask? :rolleyes:

But OF COURSE!

But if the real question is: "Has anyone gotten a response from Uber that makes any kind of logical sense?"

Then the answer is: NO. :mad:

·
Registered
72 Posts
ANY kind of response from Uber you ask? :rolleyes:

But OF COURSE!

But if the real question is: "Has anyone gotten a response from Uber that makes any kind of logical sense?"

Then the answer is: NO. :mad:
I accidentally emailed them "fb" when the app was messed up. (Because it froze on email and to get out I had to press send)

Remind you all I said was "Fb" and this was their reply. I hate them lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I accidentally emailed them "fb" when the app was messed up. (Because it froze on email and to get out I had to press send)

Remind you all I said was "Fb" and this was their reply. I hate them lol
Yup. Typical Uber. Sends replies that have nothing to do with the email whatsoever. Stall tactic. Just keep emailing them. They will eventually give you a reply- but it will be in typical Uber "doublespeak". :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts

I asked the pax to check their rating again. Both immediately after and also again today, OVER 96 hrs later.

It's STILL a perfect 5*!

2. Ratings we give pax are worthless ALL the time. CONFIRMED!
DUDE, U Got Way Way TOO Much Time on your Hands. Get a real job and/or Seek Help from a mental healthcare worker in your community

1 - 20 of 37 Posts