Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed last night that Uber is pushing hard for drivers in Toronto by running multiple tv ads on CBC.
Funny thing is CBC was so anti Uber, they must be really hard up for cash.
Uber's driver recruitment must be stalled.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Noticed last night that Uber is pushing hard for drivers in Toronto by running multiple tv ads on CBC.
They want fresh blood for uber pool: sense less new driver do pool like monkeys ; it's take little time to figure out that Pool is not economically viable for most of the drivers ;as senior driver have rebelled against it

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It's also on CP24. I think they're gonna lose a lot of drivers come regulations and they're getting ready for it.

The best part is
When someone starts uber from beginning like for the first time and they do pool, they quit a lot earlier than people who have been doing it for so long. Because new people don't know how to make it work for them

·
Registered
400 Posts
By now uber has a very good idea of how many drivers they have for July 15th as whoever was going to drive already should have hurried up and taken advantage of the free inspection offer.

Right now it looks like there are too many drivers, but maybe it's just those going all out before they can't drive anymore.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
A lot of people are still hesitant and just want to know what Uber has under its sleeve. Many have gone get the SSC, just because its free, otherwise they would have waited.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Among other ridiculousness, 7 years vehicle age restriction, pool and new "brilliant" flat rate ideas will put Uber through the ground, I think it's quite obvious.

Reactions: Gill002

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
I am not sure if the ad is working or not. I went to their Scarborough office twice last week. It was noticeably less than half people there than few months ago. At the same time, they have 4 staffs now instead of 2 in the past. During the time I was there, half of those people were there to deal with low rating deactivation issues. There rest were there to sign up and half of that are women.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
When someone starts uber from beginning like for the first time and they do pool, they quit a lot earlier than people who have been doing it for so long.
That's the exact same thing I've been thinking too. Uber is so ideologically driven that they refuse to see this whole Poo nonsense is stupid.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Among other ridiculousness, 7 years vehicle age restriction, pool and new "brilliant" flat rate ideas will put Uber through the ground, I think it's quite obvious.
Yes, it certainly is. I can't see Uber in it's current form being around in a few years.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Both side of coins for a while. Drivers are the dependent variable of this business platform, but this is a conditio sign qua non for the time being until driverless vehicles come.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Ya it's terrible. Just saw 2 commercials air 30 minutes between each other here in Orlando. And in Orlando the rates are .65/.11 for X and 1.15/.20 for XL. We are so saturated that it never really surges anymore. But I guess Uber wants to add even more drivers to our terrible market. They haven't introduced pool here yet. Thank God!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ya it's terrible. Just saw 2 commercials air 30 minutes between each other here in Orlando. And in Orlando the rates are .65/.11 for X and 1.15/.20 for XL. We are so saturated that it never really surges anymore. But I guess Uber wants to add even more drivers to our terrible market. They haven't introduced pool here yet. Thank God!
Wow I dont know how you guys make any money. Its $0.80 here per km and I make a bit of money. You are at less for a mile thats crazy. 1 mile = 1.6km.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Were you expecting ethics from media?
Its money game brah..

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't know why almost everyone saying bad things about uber??? If they hate it so much why not drop it? I been doing uber for 7 months now and I can make a very decent money every week with 40 hours work. Being my own boss and work whenever I wanna work is priceless. Actually it's becoming a hobby for me. I'm grateful for uber:)

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Uber is doing TV commercials again, they just won't give up. They are determined to become a major movement. People who signup will have little idea the personal insurance company will drop them when they find out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Uber is doing TV commercials again, they just won't give up. They are determined to become a major movement. People who signup will have little idea the personal insurance company will drop them when they find out.
Not here in Canada.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts